Batch Find & Replace Text

Lee Mac

What a beautiful program! Works like a charm. Thank you very much!

Zoya Davelman

MechoShade CAD Manager

Phone: (718) 729-2020 Ext. 1278.

Fax 1: (718) 392-9013

Fax 2: (718) 729-2941

Not a problem - but be careful when using it with MText that has nested formatting - there are still a few bugs that I am in the process of resolving :)

Thanks,

Lee

What a beautiful program! Works like a charm. Thank you very much!

Zoya Davelman

MechoShade CAD Manager

Phone: (718) 729-2020 Ext. 1278.

Fax 1: (718) 392-9013

Fax 2: (718) 729-2941

Spammer Time!

70302384.PHPybAB4.HAMMERTIME.gif

Not a problem - but be careful when using it with MText that has nested formatting - there are still a few bugs that I am in the process of resolving :)

Thanks,

Lee

Pull it off the shelf Toyota.:wink: j/k

:lol: :lol: I was actually tempted to - and still might :)

I was only thinking about it since the next update will be tackling the biggest issue.

I did that very thing when I posted ReverseLines.LSP and only reposted when I revamped it.

I was only thinking about it since the next update will be tackling the biggest issue.

I did that very thing when I posted ReverseLines.LSP and only reposted when I revamped it.

True - I agree with you, its a bit risky at this stage without that bug fixed - but I should be able to post an update soon - it will have slightly fewer options than the last posted version, but I've had to retreat back to basics with the String replacing (as you've probably read over at theSwamp), and so I'm trying to get a working program, then I'll add the luxuries when its all up and running :)

Lee

True - I agree with you, its a bit risky at this stage without that bug fixed - but I should be able to post an update soon - it will have slightly fewer options than the last posted version, but I've had to retreat back to basics with the String replacing (as you've probably read over at theSwamp), and so I'm trying to get a working program, then I'll add the luxuries when its all up and running :)

Lee

Yeah, I've been following the back and forth between you and Joe/Steve. It's looking promising. :)

I've posted a 'beta' version if you like, over at theSwamp, so that it can be tested by Joe and we can see if the new replacement method is functioning correctly. Just to update you all on the progress :)

• 4 weeks later...

Dear Lee,

I've been using your program with great success for some time, but now I have a difficulty. I have the registered trademark in my mtext in quite a few places and I need to find and replace around it, without "®/^" being actually changed. Instead, the program does not recognize it at all, thus ingnoring the entire string. Is what I want to do possible at all?

Respectfully, Zoya

Hi Zoya,

I am still in the process of updating this program to get around MText formatting issues. In the mean-time a have posted a 'beta' version here.

It is not perfect, but will get around most of the issues, let me know how you get on with it.

Lee

Unfortunatley, still does not work for me. I mean program runs fine, but ignores words with "®", or with "®\^", or wiht "'®". I do not know what else to try.

Sorry,

Zoya.

"I-CON®/ Control" to be replaces with "I-Con®/ Control". This "/" is here because in AutoCAD mtext the registered treadmark sign is stacked. I know I can easily do it by replacing just on word I-CON. the point is, I have severla accurances of of that and they all should stay unchanged (in capitals), except when combined with "Control".

Such is life...

Attaching a small file for you to experiment with. Just 2 lines of mtext. Top line - need to change case. Bottom line - must stay unchanged.

Zoya

Bfind Temp.dwg

With a little tweak of the program with as far as stacking is concerned, I can get it to perform the replacement - but, the downside is that all formatting is lost within the search string - (this is a known issue anyway).

waiting for next version

hi....I am new to the site....but would like to try Lee Mac's program for batch replace text........how do I access or download the program?

--=={ Code Currently Being Updated to Fix Formatting Bugs }==--

As Lee said

the code inside the fixing machine

I have made a 'beta' version (still not perfect, but will be successful with 99% of cases - will have mixed results with MText with stacking).

I suppose I could upload it, as it will benefit people in most cases. :)

hi....I am new to the site....but would like to try Lee Mac's program for batch replace text........how do I access or download the program?

Have you looked at the first page of this thread?

There is also a clickable link in Lee's signature.

Search before asking. :wink:

Sorry Rod,

I had removed the program for a while to sort out some bugs with the MText formatting codes being replaced if they appeared in the Find String - those codes are the bane of my life...

I have just uploaded a beta version to the first post, it will work in 99% of cases, but users just have to keep an eye out if they have heavily formatted MText... :)