Scaling

Webbo86

When you click on the viewport there should be a lock symbol on the bottom of the screen, if it is grey the viewport is locked, if it is yellow it is open.

Sparky77, that lock I use to dock the toolbars, and is always locked. That button works for that. It's always gray but it works. It does nothing when I right click in the viewport.

Now when I highlight the viewport and right click the command line says: LOCKUI, Enter new value for LOCKUI :

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gsksun4

• ReMark

• bonehead411

• sparkyuk

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No not the toolbar lock. You need to select the viewport by clicking on it once and them you will get the viewport lock up instead of the toolbar lock

Do NOT click INSIDE the frame of the viewport once it is highlighted. Place your cursor outside the frame and right-click. Display Locked will be the sixth entry from the top of the list that appears.

Sorry to be a PITA. OK, just did this and the tool at the bottom right opens up and I now see the yellow lock button. I'ts unlocked and the scale flyout works fine. I think I'm there, finally.

I think the list ReMark speaks of might not happen in 2009LT. LT being the problem.

Just left click on the view port edge so it high lighted as my picture, then right click, it will bring up a menu like my picture below

view port.jpg

No not the toolbar lock. You need to select the viewport by clicking on it once and them you will get the viewport lock up instead of the toolbar lock

Sparky77, I'm there. Thank you for being patient. As I told ReMark above, I'm using LT and that list doesn't appear.

Glenn

Does LT 2006 have a feature called Quick Properties? If it does there would be an icon for it in the Tray at the bottom of your screen (left hand corner). It would be the last icon at the end of the row. Yes? Enable it. Then highlight the viewport frame. Quick Properties will indicate the status of Display Locked. If No well it's back to the methods previously suggested.

Ahhh...I see we have had some measure of success...finally.

Does LT 2006 have a feature called Quick Properties? If it does there would be an icon for it in the Tray at the bottom of your screen (left hand corner). It would be the last icon at the end of the row. Yes? Enable it. Then highlight the viewport frame. Quick Properties will indicate the status of Display Locked. If No well it's back to the methods previously suggested.

Ahhh...I see we have had some measure of success...finally.

ReMark, that worked as well. I'm using 2009LT. Is there anything you don't know my friend? Heh, lotto numbers???:)

Thanks, as always.

Glenn

P.S., It's already in my book.

You're entirely welcomed.

Yes, there is plenty I do NOT know. Plenty I have forgotten. And some stuff I'll never get a chance to know. That's why I come here; to learn from the best.

A lot of numbers? Oh, yes, those. That's the number of hairs that have fallen out of my head after banging it against the wall trying to solve AutoCAD related problems!:lol:

............that list doesn't appear.

Glenn

I think this may be something to do with right click customisation within Tools>Options, under the User Preferences tab.

I think this may be something to do with right click customisation within Tools>Options, under the User Preferences tab.

I went there and changed a few things and it didn't work. I set the customization to repeat last command and enter, because I like those options. No biggie, I turned on the quick properties button and I can now get the small window with the viewport options.

Thanks.