Create a 2d drawing from a 3d image??

MikeP

How can i create a 2d drawing at a certain angle (either side, top, ortho, ect) from a 3d drawing. I want to be able to generate this in model space. doin this in paper space is not what i want. Is there a lisp that could do this for me?

You could download the trial version of 2009 and use the FLATSHOT command. Or, if you have access to 2007 or 2008, they also include the command.

how would that help me? its not like i only wanna use this command once.

:roll: Sorry dude, just trying to offer suggestions. You didn't say this was going to be an ongoing thing. Upgrade or use the FLATTEN command. Either that or switch to paper space and use the SOLVIEW and SOLDRAW commands. Those are the only options I am aware of. Maybe someone has a lisp routine, but I've never come across one.

Have a good one. :wink:

thanx, how do you use the solview im completly confused about it?

SOLVIEW is the long way to do it.. Try using "MVSETUP". Follow the prompts on the screen and you will instantly have third angle projection in 4 views instantly with viewports lodged in Paperspace. The trick is to navigate the first 3 prompts.

The first one choose "CREATE"

The second choose "CREATE"

The third choose "2" (Engineering Drawing)

the rest you will workout.... It's a snap.

um there is no mvsetup, what do you mean?

SOLVIEW is the long way to do it.. Try using "MVSETUP". Follow the prompts on the screen and you will instantly have third angle projection in 4 views instantly with viewports lodged in Paperspace. The trick is to navigate the first 3 prompts.

The first one choose "CREATE"

The second choose "CREATE"

The third choose "2" (Engineering Drawing)

the rest you will workout.... It's a snap.

MVSETUP is a command...

i am not sure of anyway of doing this in modelspace, besides just switching your UCS and than copying your views... Why dont you want it in papersapce???

how would that help me? its not like i only wanna use this command once.
Mike - there is no need to be so terse with people who are trying to help you

This forum only works by people freely giving their time to help each other out, so addressing people in that fashion is likely to discourage other members from helping you out in the future (vBulletin has an 'ignore list' function)

How can i create a 2d drawing at a certain angle (either side, top, ortho, ect) from a 3d drawing. I want to be able to generate this in model space. doin this in paper space is not what i want. Is there a lisp that could do this for me?

-Have you tried the FLATSHOT command Mr.Cad64 suggested?

It already does what your above inquiry is after.

SOLVIEW and SOLDRAW are more a more complicated than the FLATSHOT command. well IMO anyway :)

-Have you tried the FLATSHOT command Mr.Cad64 suggested?

Unfortunately FLATSHOT doesn't exist in 2006. He will need to upgrade, download the 2009 trial or find someone with 2007 or above in order to use that command.

I use SOLVIEW and SOLDRAW because it gives you layers for hidden lines, Dims, and Visible lines, but it can be a headache sometimes to use. Do any of these other methods give you the ability to make hidden lines and visible lines? MVSETUP is a cool command but I dont see how I can make the hidden lines dotted. If someone could tell me a way to get the same outcome as solview & soldraw with an easier command that uses less steps that could save me a ton of time at work!

Hmm... It does allow me to make the linetype hidden, however it does not let me change the linetype scale so I can actually see that they are dotted lines.