2009, How to remove ribbon and replace with the old drop down menues????

MikeP

How can I replace the ribbon with the drop down menues like in its previous versions? Please dont tell me to switch to a different workspace that does not keep my buttons where I want them.

Or look at the lower right corner. You should see a drop'down' button there to switch workspaces. I believe the default workspace is "2d drafting & annotation" so that is what you should see there at the moment. Clicking it should enable you to select the "AutoCAD classic" workspace.

Or look at the lower right corner. You should see a drop'down' button there to switch workspaces. I believe the default workspace is "2d drafting & annotation" so that is what you should see there at the moment. Clicking it should enable you to select the "AutoCAD classic" workspace.

Please dont tell me to switch to a different workspace that does not keep my buttons where I want them.

reading>you.

IIRC... Ribbonclose & Menubar

That worked here.

MikeP: to enable the dropdown menu's try the LISP expression (setvar "MENUBAR" 1). Could be variables / commands introduced in 2010, although that does not seem likely

reading>you.

Crap sorry about that.

Unknown commands? :?

Are you sure you typed them in correctly?

RIBBON displays the Ribbon

RIBBONCLOSE closes the Ribbon

MENUBAR = 1 displays the drop down menus

MENUBAR = 0 hides the drop down menus

Do you have all available updates and hotfixes installed for 2009?

You may need to run a repair on your installation if you are getting an "Unknown Command" message.

That worked here.

MikeP: to enable the dropdown menu's try the LISP expression (setvar "MENUBAR" 1). Could be variables / commands introduced in 2010, although that does not seem likely

Crap sorry about that.

lol, its all good

Unknown commands? :?

Are you sure you typed them in correctly?

RIBBON displays the Ribbon

RIBBONCLOSE closes the Ribbon

MENUBAR = 1 displays the drop down menus

MENUBAR = 0 hides the drop down menus

Do you have all available updates and hotfixes installed for 2009?

You may need to run a repair on your installation if you are getting an "Unknown Command" message.

See I think I found my problem..... Im an idiot! I have both my 2007 and 2009 open,I was trying that in my 07 version. works great in 09

Thanks all:D