Suggestion for adding field of work

viviancarvalho

doubt that Mark is particularly round being made of steel.....

Ya as his avatar suggests he seems to be a man of steel

but you can see him in almost all of forums. Ready with his quick answers.

Is it possible to add "FIELD OF WORK" (archi, mep, hvac, mech) in the display.

It's certainly possible. If people think it would benefit the forum I could implement this. What do others think?

I can see it has its uses. Sometimes you see conflicting suggestions and you might want to chose the advice given by the person in the closest field to you. However, some people don't give accurate information about the version of AutoCAD being used so I'm not sure how useful it would be.

In other words, I'll sit on the fence for this one.

I think it would be useful when directing answers - for example, if someone asks a question, the answer may be different depending upon which industry they work in.

However, like Dave said - people seem to rush through the data input when joining just to get to the forums to get their answer... (then they proceed to double post and litter the forum threads with spelling mistakes caused by trying to type too quick.../rant )

This is a great idea I love it. Reason enough has already been given so no need for me to add to that.

I don't see that it would hurt so why not add it, it migh be helpful.

And those taht rush through answers and posts won't care either way - we could all be autodesk employees and they still would not take our advice :(

Hey Guys i see my suggestion taking a serious turn.

Thanks for all of your support.

It will surely help us all.

I really rather like this idea. Could be useful in all the ways already mentioned, but I also like it from the point of view of getting to know people better. If you stick around long enough you tend to pick these things up anyway, so why not?

OK, I'll try to be serious for the moment.

It sounds like a good idea but one can't list every field they might have experience in. I would expect there would have to be some limitation to what could be displayed. Right?

OK, I'll try to be serious for the moment.

It sounds like a good idea but one can't list every field they might have experience in. I would expect there would have to be some limitation to what could be displayed. Right?

Yes Remark there should be some limitition for that display.

How about only the current field of work.

If the field of work were to be introduced, then it should be linked to the country of work. One without the other would be useless.

But, I think that this extra information would have a dampening effect on replies. It is much better now, when some replies are from a great state of ignorance or an inability to read, which all adds to the homely nature of this Forum. :twisted:

I've been in a state of shock.

I live in a state a confusion.

I've never visited the Great State of Ignorance. Is that down by Arkansas?:lol:

Sounds like a nice touch.

An aspiring HVAC drafter could look for other forum members in their field.

A plumber could seek another plumber; etc., etc.