Temporary bypass network license

Tiger

Hey folks,

I have a laptop as my work computer, which is very handy - at work I have a docking station and at home I use a VPN connection so I usually don't have to worry about checking out a license before I leave work if I want to work from home the next day.

Today I ran into a snag, my VPN is not working so I can't do what I normally do which is fire up VPN, start autoCAD, check out a license and then work offline for the rest of the day.

If I start AutoCAD it asks for the license servers which I can't access and there is no way there to say that just go into 30-day-trial mode, which I seem to remember have been possible.

Is it possible to solve this from home? Can I tell AutoCAD from outside AutoCAD to go into trial-mode?

I'm pretty sure you cannot tell AutoCAD to go into trial-mode. So, what's on the telly today?

3,000 posts...A nice round number. Cooooool.

Workaround:

Download and install the 30-day trial of ProgeCAD 2010 Pro. It can open/edit native AutoCAD dwg files.

3,000 posts...A nice round number. Cooooool.

ah hawt diggety! I almost don't want to do this post now!!

dang it though, was really hopeing for a work-around which didn't include a seperat download...

3,001...What an odd number. LOL

Alright then. Just because I like you sooooooooo much. Email me all your drawings and I'll make the edits for you and send them back. You can polish your nails in the meantime. But I want double, no triple, no...no...I want quadruple my hourly rate for forum members of $0/hr. Limited time offer. Void where prohibited. Your mileage may vary. Don't operate heavy machinery after reading this post.

quadruple?? No no NO that will not DO! 4 x $0 is just too much!!

Thanks for the offer mate, but it really is not work that is the problem - I wanted to take out a license to have with me this weekend so I could make proper plans for my familys new outhouse at the summerhouse.... guess I'll have to do it the old fashioned way and break out ye old pen and paper :D

Forget the plans and just give everyone a shovel.

Or....

If you insist on going green have them bring along some biodegradeable bags. I think you can find some in the pet aisle at the local market.

Bag it and tag it! LOL

some more high-tech here :wink:

But no, once again my lack of grasp of the english language shows itself. It's not an outhouse in that sense that we are building (we did that two years agon, very nice, almost warm in the winter), its a out - house as in a smallish structure a bit outside the main building. More specifically to house the pumping mechanisms and some food storage.

Ohhhhhhhh!:oops:

We call those sheds, barns or utility buildings depending on their usage.

Sorry. Can we get the shovels back folks?:lol:

Boy, those videos didn't look much like Sweden.:wink:

The term you are searching for is "Outbuilding" Rather than Outhouse.:lol:

Outbuildings often get the same substances deposited in them as outhouses, but known by different terms; heehoo, ceecoo, geegoo, and cheechoo. Horses, cows, goats, and chickens do the easy work. Then it is up to the peepoople to clean it up.:P