metric and imperial difference?

Devilinity

Whats the exact difference when you select imperial compare to metric? Cos when I learnt this program I was always told to use metric for mm, cm ... But what is imperial for?

Imperial system of measurement, also termed as the "english system of measurement" is different in the sense that it has an entirely different set of establishing measurements. "Metric System" is in millimeters- meters- kilometers, Imperial of "English system" is in inches- foot/feet- miles.

its use is actually dependent on where you work. eastern countries usually use metric, western and european are using Imperial system

Imperial system of measurement, also termed as the "english system of measurement" is different in the sense that it has an entirely different set of establishing measurements. "Metric System" is in millimeters- meters- kilometers, Imperial of "English system" is in inches- foot/feet- miles.

its use is actually dependent on where you work. eastern countries usually use metric, western and european are using Imperial system

I think it the other way around, cos when I was in UK I was taught to use metric ... i think its eastern asia i.e HK that uses imperial or at least te interior/archie crowd ...

Really? Im not from UK so im not really sure, but if history serves me right, Imperial System was first introduced in that country. :)

Really? Im not from UK so im not really sure, but if history serves me right, Imperial System was first introduced in that country. :)

Maybe america ...

Imperial WAS used in the UK but we (in engineering) dropped it in favour of the much easier metric system in the 70s. We still drive in miles and yards and I still think in feet & inches.

If you set AutoCAD for metric (acadio.dwt) certain things like line scales are adjusted to a larger default.

1" = 25,4mm

In the UK all drawings are in metric as a norm and have been for years and just about everything else is metric but we still use miles on our roads and speedo's signs etc lol

Imperial WAS used in the UK but we (in engineering) dropped it in favour of the much easier metric system in the 70s. We still drive in miles and yards and I still think in feet & inches.

If you set AutoCAD for metric (acadio.dwt) certain things like line scales are adjusted to a larger default.

1" = 25,4mm

Hmm just to make it simple ... if i use metric 1mm=0.1cm and if i use imperial format, how many cm/mm is 1 equal to?

I think it's metric all over the world except the USA.

Why would you use anything else but metric. Much easier.

I was taught in Imperial at school. But can't imagine using it now.

D

I think it's metric all over the world except the USA.

Why would you use anything else but metric. Much easier.

I was taught in Imperial at school. But can't imagine using it now.

D

we are taught in metric at Uni., we practice in imperial because the workmans on site & the engineers understand imperial only.

but again if we have to do any drawings to submit to authority, that has to be in Metric because that is the only legal system.

Eventhough we studied metric while learning, I still think in feet & inches (like 'dbroada') while designing. Eventhough I am designing in metric my mind will do the constant coversion.