Move, Reverse, Stretch Connectors

ReMark

Why does ACADE have these three separate commands (along with Add / Delete Connector Pins)? Why not just use the regular AutoCAD commands Move, Mirror, Stretch, Copy and Erase? Seems redundant.

This applies to other parts of the program too. Prime example: Scoot (the world's worse named CAD command) versus Stretch. We are instructed to "scoot" a symbol to relocate it rather than use the stretch command. Isn't it the same thing?:?

I get annoyed at when things are imported into a parent drawing from another. I usually draw a big circle at the intended origin of the drawing. Then import the new drawing way off in the tulies. Place a circle there at same intended exact spot. Then do a simple MOVE and translate from one location (a center) to another (canter) and then am done with one phase.

Why then after explosion, does it not assume that the layers and respective colors for lines are exactly the same, but instead adds a whole new layer? Creating another PURGE situation?

Wm.

I feel the same way when I started to use ECAD but those comands have a reason:

Move vs Move component:

Move command its only for move...right!

Move componenent its to move the component and also its cross-reference. e.g. a control relay coil with relay contacts. when u move the coil, you not only moving the coil but also the cross reference which will be updated to its relays thru drawings. samething wiht relay contacts. also cuts the wire when u apply this command.

Scoot, I agree, dont like the name but again when u start to use it more and more you will start to understand the use of it.

I think "Slide" would have been more appropriate.

Do you spec wire numbers at the start of a project?

Yes u can, you can do it by project or by drawing:

if u doing by drawing:

drawing property > wire number tab > wire number format option %N...etc

u have several option such as sequential, Line reference and even suffix setup....

and also wire placement u have the option to put wire "above wire, In-Line and Below Wire"

now if u want to do project wide u go to PROJECT MANAGER right click properties and select Wire number tab...and do the samething as per drawing .

I hope this will help u acomplish your needs.

GL