How to copy an object that has splines in it?

Lethe

Hi there,

I am currently using the AutoCAD 2011 and am a little overwhelmed right now. I am trying to copy a group of objects that have a bunch of splines in it. The object is a large speaker for movie theatres, and has multiple smaller speakers that make up the whole object.

I want to copy this object (including each little speaker) but I am not able to; or simply do not know how... Each time i copy it, every spline (forming each little speaker) is altered to look more like a saw-blade rather than a circular object.

The same thing happens if i explode it, or try to turn it all into a block.

Has anyone experienced anything like this and know's how to solve my (very annoying) problem? Please help me.

On a side note, i was using CAD 08 a month ago...

Something doesn't seem right here. First off splines cannot be exploded. A spline is a spline is a spline. Second splines can be copied just as any other entity in AutoCad. I'm going to go out on limb here and say this is a matter of OE (operator error). The next thing that has me baffled is why are the objects made up of splines? (if this is indeed the case.) Lines and circles would be so much more practical to draw speakers.

If you would attached the drawing here so we can look take a peek I bet your questions can be easily answered.