AutoCAD Drawings

Jabba

I enjoy trawling through the forums especially the Beginners Area and have found the advice given by those in the know as exceptional! In some instances, new posts include attached AutoCAD drawings that help view the problem but in the majority of cases these are posted in releases later than most of us have. Could I suggest that drawings are saved and posted as 2004/2006 release so that we can all view them.

you will have Tankman agreeing with you there but not me.

In many cases samples are given to show something difficult to grasp and I'll use dynamic blocks as a prime example here. Dynamic blocks do not always save down to a lower version and still retain all their benefits. I think posting something that is potentially broken will cause more problems than it solves.

how about those that have ACAD 2000? or earlier? There are always those that have an earlier version than the DWG posted.

My opinion is that this is solved on a problem-to-problem basis - depending on who is answering the post/requesting a DWG the versions will be different.

I for one advocate just publishing screenshots - I always think twice about opening a file, any file from an unknown source which in some cases means I don't participate in threads.

I think you bring up a good point. When I do post the rare dwg file I usually try to match the version the poster is using. In the future I may have to rethink this.