Viewport rotation

shellb

Hi guys,

Does anyone know if you can rotate of viewport? I don't remember ever learning that...and I don't see it in the viewport options. Basically I have a co-worker that wants to rotate the viewport so they don't have to rotate the drawing...

Many thanks,

2005 had a function called DVIEW, or Dynamic View.

If you select the model, or just one or two objects you want to align with the paper space, type DVIEW and it will bring up a series of options.

You want the TWist option, so type TW.

You can then type of use the mouse to set the twist angle.

It does not rotate the model, but effectively twists the paper space around so the model displays at a different orientation relative to the paper.

(When I got LT 2008 that feature had disappeared, so I'm not sure about the full version. Someone else may be able to confirm that...)

Sorry...I should have given some more info. It's 2D and its a floor plan. Also...he only wants to rotate the "view" in paper space...not in model space

Basically his drawing won't fit on one page as 1/8 so he needs to cut it (half on each page). For some reason he dosn't want to rotate it in model space only in paper space? I think he is going to make do with what he has...however, since the topic was brought up the question of locking a veiwport view and rotating that view came up. We are just wondering if that is an option or not.

I hope this makes sense, because now it is sounding kinda crazy.:?

Sorry...I should have given some more info. It's 2D and its a floor plan. Also...he only wants to rotate the "view" in paper space...not in model space

Basically his drawing won't fit on one page as 1/8 so he needs to cut it (half on each page). For some reason he dosn't want to rotate it in model space only in paper space? I think he is going to make do with what he has...however, since the topic was brought up the question of locking a veiwport view and rotating that view came up. We are just wondering if that is an option or not.

I hope this makes sense, because now it is sounding kinda crazy.:?

The answers given will do exactly what you are after. While in PS make a viewport current and use Dview or the UCS and Plan commands as described.

2009 has an add on that makes rotating the viewport easier.

Cool, thanks. I achieved the desired effect and showed him how.

Many thanks, a cool tool for future use.

try the UCSFOLLOW command

type in ucsfollow and set it to 1

go to your viewport and spin your z axis to the required angle

your viewport will change but modelspace will be in the same position

type in ucsfollow and set it to 0

your done..