block Scale factor

kippax

its inserting my block with a 0.0394 scale factor (think its something to do with imperial/metric units).

However, I can't find anyway of changing this to "1" so that the thing is correctly sized within the drawing.

when you have the insert window open, make sure you don't have "Specify on screen enabled, and below that make sure the X, Y, & Z scales are set to 1. As well, if you highlight your blocks and look in the properties window, under "Geometry" you will find "Scale" X, Y, & Z. You can modify those by clicking in the box and you can set the factors for 1 there.

Yeah the problem is an autocad problem we often have this problem and find its a metric v's foot problem a couple of clues do aecdwgsetup this sets metric v's feet I am not at work untick the box if I rember right about rescale. It to do with older blocks and inserting into current versions of autocad.

The scale factor is an exact value and its 1/0.3048 ie 1 feet =0.3048m

We just work around it. have never quite figured it out. tried everything insunit scales set units aecdwgsetup nothing worked.

The scale factor is an exact value and its 1/0.3048 ie 1 feet =0.3048m
OR 1/0.0394 ie 1mm = 0.0394"

agree that its easier to live with occassionaly than sort out although I now try to make all my blocks "mm" rather than unitless as I am used to.

Set INSUNITS to the proper value. See help for explanation.

This worked very well for me.

The drawing I was inserting as a external reference, had INSUNITS=6. Changed this to 1, and all is well. :)

• 12 years later...

Hello,

When having this problem first type in command line

dwg units. choose the one you are using

on the last 3 options choose No.

• Like 1