I am surprised not to see more acad .net programming info?

RMS

Is this a sign of the times, that not much going on in America in the way of manufacturing, and or the work force is just not educating itself. Or am I missing the links to all the .Net stuff??

Is this a sign of the times, that not much going on in America in the way of manufacturing, and or the work force is just not educating itself. . . .

That is a rather harsh supposition. I do understand the sentiment, however, at least as applied to this subforum. Dot Net related postings only account for about 1% of the total. The site Kerry posted, theswamp.org, has much more traffic along that direction.

I suspect that the .NET interest here at CADTutor will grow – perhaps quickly – as VBA's viability declines, and an increase in .NET queries makes that avenue seem a bit less daunting.

That is a rather harsh supposition. I do understand the sentiment, however, at least as applied to this subforum. Dot Net related postings only account for about 1% of the total. The site Kerry posted, theswamp.org, has much more traffic along that direction.

I suspect that the .NET interest here at CADTutor will grow – perhaps quickly – as VBA's viability declines, and an increase in .NET queries makes that avenue seem a bit less daunting.

I will try and help out here on the .net stuff, its a great language, that supports 32 & 64 bit machines; the future is here and I feel we should take advantage of that.

I would think something is wrong if only 1% of cad programming posts are .net related; Not trying to be sarcastic but when Google brings me to CAD .net sites in China .......it starts hitting home fast, that we are behind the technology curve.

The Swamp does not have advertising banners and does not allow net-bots so the content is not accessable to google.

.. and you're welcome.

I am interested more in how to convert existing Vba to .net and any problems this may have. I have just started to dabble downloading Visual studio and I have a few days wait before R11 is installed hence library links don,t cause a problem.

Perhaps some simple examples would be good to promote more posts. I do mean simple draw box plines a block with attributes etc

I am interested more in how to convert existing Vba to .net and any problems this may have. I have just started to dabble downloading Visual studio and I have a few days wait before R11 is installed hence library links don,t cause a problem.

Perhaps some simple examples would be good to promote more posts. I do mean simple draw box plines a block with attributes etc

Have you seen this its great, if you have issues with video quality get the latest version of Windows Media Player.

http://download.autodesk.com/media/adn/DevTV_Introduction_to_AutoCAD._NET_Programming/

I was in the same boat. Best option would be to go on AutoCad or whateve the product is and go to the help files. THere is a section for API related programming

Anyone who would like to have a go at writing some .NET tutorials for publication here or at AfraLISP would be most welcome.

I am going to be doing some cause I enjoy .net very much, I am trying to get a copy of AutoCad 2008 now for home use. When I do I will post some of my projects. I think Acad2006 supports netload, but they say 2008 is a more stable release.

Thanks RMS checked out the Autodesk web site and it was very good downloaded the samples etc

Briscad was advertising that they would support .net soon check out Intellicad for more info cheap software. They hinted that you would need to compile with their library but if its the same as autocad in terms of code then should be able to make the two programs intellicad or Autocad.

Has anyone seen a lisp to .net or vba to .net program there is definately a lisp to C perhaps even a partial rewrite would be advantageous saving coding time.

(setq newpt (polar oldpt ang dist)) = ??? .net

(setvar "clayer" path) = C code as per next lines

// (setvar ... ...)

// "CLAYER"

stack [0] = MakeString ("CLAYER");

// "PATH"

stack [1] = MakeString ("PATH");

ADS_Setvar (stack [0], stack [1], EndArgList);

you can see the new code and old in above