Top Posters In This Topic

• shift1313

• varuninnz

• bhamze

• waybay

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

hey mate.. i know this may sound like a lot but i have gota project in uni. its based on making a car. So do u think u could post up the whole thing. I will go over this tutorial myself definately because i do want to master solidworks but it wud help if u cud finish the rest of the car. There arent any other free tutorials on the net which show you how to design a car for free so thanks for helpin students like me who dont have much money to buy online tutorials. Very much appreciate it.

While I would love to I haven't written any more of it yet so its not as easy as just posting it. This show all the detail for the body. What other parts are you wanting to see? I might be able to write some more this weekend but i can't make any promises.

Are you designing a car from scratch? How much detail do you need to include?

also where did u find the blue prints. I have tried googling 2010 Camaro blue prints but i cant find em any where. can u post up the blueprints for this car

also where did u find the blue prints. I have tried googling 2010 Camaro blue prints but i cant find em any where. can u post up the blueprints for this car

The link was posted on page 8 at the end of the tutorial. I forgot to post it at the begining.

http://the-blueprints.com/blueprints/cars/chevrolet/23175/view/chevrolet_camaro_2008/

While I would love to I haven't written any more of it yet so its not as easy as just posting it. This show all the detail for the body. What other parts are you wanting to see? I might be able to write some more this weekend but i can't make any promises.

Are you designing a car from scratch? How much detail do you need to include?

I just need a full car with the wheels assembled to it.

Well it will take you awhile to go through this. I will do my best to get some more info up on details but I don't think you should use this car as your project if thats what you are planning. I mean use it as a learning experience, but its not much of a project if you just follow instructions. What kind of experience do you have with solidworks? I wouldnt say this is a beginner project either. Also I would think this is a lot more detail than something you would see as a student project. I will do whatever I can to help out when I have time but i cant make you any promises because i have a lot going on at the moment. Since you are a student im assuming you are using the 2010-2010 student version of SW?

Well it will take you awhile to go through this. I will do my best to get some more info up on details but I don't think you should use this car as your project if thats what you are planning. I mean use it as a learning experience, but its not much of a project if you just follow instructions. What kind of experience do you have with solidworks? I wouldnt say this is a beginner project either. Also I would think this is a lot more detail than something you would see as a student project. I will do whatever I can to help out when I have time but i cant make you any promises because i have a lot going on at the moment. Since you are a student im assuming you are using the 2010-2010 student version of SW?

yea mate. im using 2010. and i want to use your car for learning purposes after that i am planning to draw Lamborghini with the aid of the blueprints. My projects due in 3 weeks so i have a bit of time.

Sounds like a good plan! Better get cracking on it now! :) I think the lambo will actually be a bit easier to draw than the camaro so i think it will help you. Drawing a super car the lines are usually more defined and easier to follow. That and everything blends pretty well.

• 2 weeks later...

daperry, i havent finished the model yet so it doesnt exist:) And sorry but i wont be uploading an actual model, defeats the purpose of drawing it yourself:). I think someone asked me about drawing it in inventor and the procedure is the same, you just have to go into a 3d sketch to do the projected edges from two 2d sketches.

I do plan on trying to finish up the model soon, ive just been too busy with other stuff to sit down and spend time on it. sorry.

hey man. I have just started on ur tutorial. just gt few quick question

1. Im using ur blueprints. but why is it that ur blueprints once loaded on solidworks are soo clear while mine are fading. I have uploaded my picture

Its because of this Im finding it really hard to sketch my curves on the car..

2. I have just combined my lines from the top sketch and right sktech by projected curve. After doing this both my top and right sketch disappered as expected.

Just making, lik u said do a new sketch on right plane. So does mean we have to keep uploading our blueprints everytime we use projected curve?

Thanks

Van

car.jpg

van, im guessing the image is blurry because of size. Mine were just fine. You may try rescaling everything so its smaller. Make sure also when you split the images off the original file that you didnt save them in a different format like a 16 color bitmap or something. I kept mine as jpeg's. Ive attached the files again for you.

For the blueprints. I think i specified to create a sketch with only the blueprints in before drawing anything. You want sketches with no lines, only the images so you can hide them or view them when needed. You will not need the image in the same sketch for exactly the reason you mentioned. You can turn the sketch you drew back on but I would suggest just starting 4 sketches on the various work planes for your blueprint images. If you look at the first image I uploaded(i think page 3 where the tutorial starts) you can see the 4 images and their respective sketches(re named).

Print_Back_View.jpg

Print_Front_View.jpg

Print_Right_View.jpg

Print_Top_View.jpg

I just downloaded ur pics. For some reason i but for some reason its giving me an error saying the picture is incompatible with the format..

im using solidworks 2010.

Also when i tried to open these saved images on photo viewer. i was given a message by photo viewer saying that either photo view doesnt support this file or i dont have the latest update. im pretty sure i have the latest update..

thats weird. the images I uploaded are jpeg's. Does it tell you what format it thinks they are? If you right click on the pictures I uploaded and look at picture info it will tell you the size and file type. Make sure when you Right Click on the pictures above you Save Image As. Double check that your file type is jpeg before you save them.