• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lee Mac

• The Buzzard

• autolisp

• piscopatos

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just a quick note to say this seems to be working on 64bit now. On a drawing containing in excess of 1500 blocks.

Excellent work.

Please try the updated code (Version 1.3) :)

My thanks go to Jeff_M at theSwamp for helping me hopefully fix the issues with the Block Preview.

Lee

v1.3 works good :)

kind regards

Hello - is inserted to V1.3 the visibility status by dynamic blocks?

No, I shall not be adding this feature in the near future.

Just a quick note to say this seems to be working on 64bit now. On a drawing containing in excess of 1500 blocks.

Excellent work.

v1.3 works good :)

kind regards

Just tried it.

Works beautifully - thanks for sharing.

:D

Excellent news guys, great to hear! Many thanks for your patience and testing whilst I worked on fixing the code.

Enjoy

Lee

• 9 months later...

Lee Mac a qeustin is it posible to add a box on the tabel including a ore more atribute tags that are includit in the block

the atributes are preset in the blocks and dont need to bee countet only aplyde into the tabel

so that i whil have :

-----------------------------------------------

.....................|Block Data|

preview|name|count |(Tag1) |(Tag 2) |

[test] |block1| 5 .....| 200 ....| 50 .....|

----------------------------------------------

[test] |block2| 15 ....| 12......| 15..... |

----------------------------------------------

i dont ask you to rewrit your lisp i'm only asking for some diractions or help to achief this

"ps the preview mode is new to mee i like it alot like all your lisp's""

Edited by Kevin v/d Berg

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your suggestion - I'm glad you like the program.

Since I would like the program to remain as generic as possible (to benefit the most users), I am not looking to add the attribute tags to the block count; however, even so, I can't see how your suggestion would apply if two or more instances of a block have different attribute values?

Lee

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your suggestion - I'm glad you like the program.

Since I would like the program to remain as generic as possible (to benefit the most users), I am not looking to add the attribute tags to the block count; however, even so, I can't see how your suggestion would apply if two or more instances of a block have different attribute values?

Lee

"al block's are named diferend and have thair own atribute values and i have severel difrent blocks"

as i beleife is your question

o:)í'm not asking you to change it i'm only asking how i can achief it

i want to create my own vairiant in wich i can use such a count and a preview mode to etventulie create my foundation plan renvooi in a few simpel kliks whit mij mouso:)

so i want to know if its posible and maby get some help to make the table show not only the {count/name/preview} of the specific block , but also axtract some of the atributes from that particular block and ad some of those values to the tabel in of corse seprete rows :)

• 1 month later...

Hi Lee,

First of all thanks for creating such a wonderful Lisp proram,

However i am not able to use it more efficiently, as i deal with a lot of dynamic blocks into my dwg these dynamic blocks are the cap parking rows in top views.

how it works is there is a rectangular dynamic block representing single car parking bay if needed to increse the number of bays i need to click on the blip and it gets incresed.

so i tried using block count to calculate the number of bays but it considers the whole bys as one number and displays only the total whole bays not the individual bay count.

so can you please help me on this and reduce the pain of calculating it manually.

Regards

nazar

Hi Nazar,

I have another Dynamic Block Counter here, which will count blocks and separate the dynamic block count by the visibility parameter of the dynamic block - but I'm guessing that your blocks aren't using a visibility parameter :(

Lee

Hi Nazar,

I have another Dynamic Block Counter here, which will count blocks and separate the dynamic block count by the visibility parameter of the dynamic block - but I'm guessing that your blocks aren't using a visibility parameter :(

Lee

HI Lee,

Thanks for your reply, i just wanted to know how can i add visibility parameters to those dynamic blocks.

Regards,

Mudassir

Thanks for your reply, i just wanted to know how can i add visibility parameters to those dynamic blocks.

I think there are many tutorials online regarding creating Dynamic Blocks with Visibility Parameters :)

• 4 weeks later...

hi lee,

this is regarding the dynamic block count we have added the visibility parameters and at every end of block we get the exact number of parkings in it so on a whole set of drawings there are multiple parking bays so at times there are say 900 car parkings but we need to calculate each set of bays, so cant we have lisp command by which we could get the number of parking bays without counting on the parking bays manually.

so cant we have lisp command by which we could get the number of parking bays without counting on the parking bays manually.

Probably; you'll have to see if someone is willing to write one for you.

• 9 months later...

Hi,

I downloaded the "Dynamic Block Counter" lisp and it works, but it would be great if a selection option is added (now it counts all the blocks in a drawing also when you only have selected a few blocks)

Lee or someone else can add this plz ?

it would be great if a selection option is added (now it counts all the blocks in a drawing also when you only have selected a few blocks)

The program should only count all blocks if you press 'Enter' at the selection prompt, otherwise it will count only those blocks that you select.

I downloaded the lisp routine from Lee's site (v 1.0) so I think it's the latest version ?

After loading the lisp and entering "DBCOUNT" it immediately generates a list of all the blocks in the drawing at the command-line, also when I select only a few blocks.

I'm using AutoCAD 2012 with SP2 (64-bit)

I downloaded the lisp routine from Lee's site (v 1.0) so I think it's the latest version ?

After loading the lisp and entering "DBCOUNT" it immediately generates a list of all the blocks in the drawing at the command-line, also when I select only a few blocks.

I'm using AutoCAD 2012 with SP2 (64-bit)

I see that you are actually referring to this Dynamic Block Counter program, rather than my Block Counter program as described in this thread.

To count a selection of blocks using my DBCount program, remove the "_X" from line 36 of the code:

(if (ssget "_X" (list '(0 . "INSERT") (cons 410 (getvar 'CTAB))))

Becomes:

(if (ssget (list '(0 . "INSERT") (cons 410 (getvar 'CTAB))))

Oh yes you made 2 programs for counting blocks including dynamic blocks.

Maybe you can combine the 2 programs and so make 1 fantastic super-block count program ?! :)

Export to .xlsx Excel file would be great! :)

But for now I'm more than happy with those 2, thank you !