ACAD 2007 user preferences

maddog1995

A coworker's settings got messed up the other day and now when he sets his User Preferences to the style he likes, it only functions for that one drawing. He opens one drawing, sets up his preferences and when he opens another drawing, the settings go back to the default for that new drawing (thought the first drawing keeps his preferences).

So my first question is does anyone have ideas as to how to solve this? My second question is, is there a file that I can save in a separate spot that would hold these settings? I'm probably incorrect about it, but I thought I read somewhere about an .arg file that might be what I'm looking for. Thanks for any help.

Everything is stored in the CUI/MNU file (unless you create a Profile). However, if you make changes and don't close everything down, your settings won't hold if you open another session and close it last. Last session gets priority on settings.

The settings don't seem to be holding even after he has shut it all down. Even when he opens only one drawing, changes the settings, and then shuts down, the next time he starts the defaults have been rest.

Where do I find the CUI/MNU files? My profile is fairly similar to his, so I was thinking of copying my settings and transfer them to his and see if that works.

In the support folder.

(findfile "acad.mnu") or (findfile "acad.cui") I can't remember if 07 or 08 was the first to get the CUI.

Perhaps not on the same page but, try Tools and set up all your options/user preferences.

Tools > Options > Profiles>

Set Current and Rename