Inserting windows into arcs? using window tool

damob23

Hi guys, I was just wondering, Im working in Autocad. I am using 3ds to insert windows and doors into my model, from the geometry tool bar, object type - windows. I have 2 arcs here that are full of window panes, The first pic I have attached, the arc is smaller on the top then it is on the bottom, I will i insert the windows. I need to change the UCS in max, how do i do this, for the second arc im going to try using a polying line as a guy for help with inserting the windows, So will need help in how to change ucs so i can insert windows in the arcs at an angle and some general guidance on how to do this whole procedure if anyone has the spare time. cheers

Damo.

Arc.jpg

Arc2.jpg

Max is not like Autocad. There is no UCS. There is a WCS in the lower left corner of every viewport, but it cannot be changed. When you select an object, the symbol that you see on screen, that looks like a UCS, is called the Gizmo. It's main purpose is to show you where the center point of your object is, help you with orientation and perform Move, Scale and Rotate operations. You can change the location of the Gizmo by going to the "Heirarchy" panel and click the "Affect Pivot Only" button. This will allow you to "Center to Object", "Align to Object" or "Align to World".

There are also no Polylines in Max. The best you could do would be to draw a Spline to use as reference. But it will not be exact. You will have to just eyeball it into position.

If you need to place the doors and windows precisely, I would suggest completing the model in Autocad.