• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cad64

• Tankman

• Dana W

• einstainas

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

im ready to invest in this stuff,so money is not problem.

im perfectionist and i want best stuff.

im not quite sure about crt, lcd.whats beter?

which less harmful for eyes.

now i have hp hdx16 laptop (1080x1920)

but i dont like this format, i mean i need more hight.

so i ges standart would be best option for me.

I had a Viewsonic 22" graphics monitor (CRT) loved it but, too much desktop space was taken up.

Went to a 23", then 26" LCD monitors, nice enough.

Then, cause I wanted to, went to 30" LCD/TV and again to 36" LCD/TV.

Not as clean as a monitor but, size makes up for alot.

The 36" LCD I mounted on the wall with a tilt 'n swivel wall mount, nice.

ALL LOOKED FINE.

Then, cause I wanted to, went to 30" LCD/TV and again to 36" LCD/TV.

Not as clean as a monitor but, size makes up for alot.

The 36" LCD I mounted on the wall with a tilt 'n swivel wall mount, nice.

Can you post some photos of your setup? I would really like to see what you've got going on over there, and how Autocad looks on a 36" monitor.

go fot the gusto like i did...(2) 24" flat screen monitors

I would have to agree with Nardino. If money is not an object, and you have the space, 2 monitors is the way to go. Once you work on a dual monitor setup, you will never go back to a single monitor.

im ready to invest in this stuff,so money is not problem.

im perfectionist and i want best stuff.

im not quite sure about crt, lcd.whats beter?

which less harmful for eyes.

now i have hp hdx16 laptop (1080x1920)

but i dont like this format, i mean i need more hight.

so i ges standart would be best option for me.

How wide your screen is doesn't affect the image height. It always

goes from top to bottom.:wink:

crt? Are you shopping at a museum?:lol: They don't even build those any more as far as I know.

I can see why you don't like the 16" diag laptop. That is tiny, but height is height. The bigger the screen, the bigger the image. However, a wide screen format does give you more open space from side to side.

my friend works in animation studio.they using only crt, and i can sure you its not musiem:D in fact professional crt monitors cost enormous amount of money, but you get better performance.you can wach videos on youtube, companies like dreamworks, pixar using only crt.

but for drafting lcd is good,and it doesnt take so much space.

yeah.i agree small size screen sucks cause you always have this feeling- more,more, more...

but screen shoudnt be to big.i mean you dont want rotate your head 180 degrees in order to see thats happening in other side of your screen:D

so im looking smth about 30.

my friend works in animation studio.they using only crt, and i can sure you its not musiem:D in fact professional crt monitors cost enormous amount of money, but you get better performance.you can wach videos on youtube, companies like dreamworks, pixar using only crt.

but for drafting lcd is good,and it doesnt take so much space.

yeah.i agree small size screen sucks cause you always have this feeling- more,more, more...

but screen shoudnt be to big.i mean you dont want rotate your head 180 degrees in order to see thats happening in other side of your screen:D

so im looking smth about 30.

Yah, you can still buy vacuum tube stereos too but they won't fit under my dashboard.:P

We just bought s 32" flat TV for the bedroom. I have used it for a monitor and at times it does have that first row at the movies feel. I am lovin' that thing for the most part, but my wife wants it back so she can watch the old movie channel.:huh:

crt? Are you shopping at a museum?:lol: They don't even build those any more as far as I know.

CRT's are still widely used in graphics firms and any industry where color rendering is important because contrast ratio and color depth is better on a

CRT. There are negatives to using these monitors, but they are not the dinosaurs that you think they are. They are still very useful.

We have a couple of machines in our office with CRT monitors. These machines are set up with Photoshop and we use them for color correcting and printing photo boards, 3D renderings, color exhibits, etc. The monitors are calibrated so that when we print to our color plotter, we can be sure that the printed copy is going to match what we see on screen precisely, without any surprises.

But, if you're just doing CAD work, you're better off with an LCD.

go fot the gusto like i did...(2) 24" flat screen monitors

I agree, two better than one but, working with a budget and, limited real estate.

One feature, I use seldomly, is picture in picture. My PC work along with cable TV. Not too often but, a ball game or two.

The image shows my older, 23" or 26" monitor, I forget which. It was fine! :)

Current setup is wall mounted 36" LCD/TV. And, I have only purchased refurbished LCD/TV's at a great price, they come with a new warranty too.

WindsorMonitor.JPG

CRT's are still widely used in graphics firms and any industry where color rendering is important because contrast ratio and color depth is better on a

CRT. There are negatives to using these monitors, but they are not the dinosaurs that you think they are. They are still very useful.

We have a couple of machines in our office with CRT monitors. These machines are set up with Photoshop and we use them for color correcting and printing photo boards, 3D renderings, color exhibits, etc. The monitors are calibrated so that when we print to our color plotter, we can be sure that the printed copy is going to match what we see on screen precisely, without any surprises.

But, if you're just doing CAD work, you're better off with an LCD.

It's not that I think crt's are fossilized, I just think they are hot and big and hard on the eyes for CAD work 8 hrs a day. Besides, when I traded my old crt for a flat monitor, I found a desk under there.:roll:

I agree crt's can't be beat (yet) for color values. My b-in-law is a graphics artist and uses two crt's exclusively. You will also find crt monitors in use in big time TV studios for the same reasons.

I agree, two better than one but, working with a budget and, limited real estate.

One feature, I use seldomly, is picture in picture. My PC work along with cable TV. Not too often but, a ball game or two.

The image shows my older, 23" or 26" monitor, I forget which. It was fine! :)

Current setup is wall mounted 36" LCD/TV. And, I have only purchased refurbished LCD/TV's at a great price, they come with a new warranty too.

I have to read and look slower. I thought that was a picture of your 36 (right) next to the 26 (left) and I'm thinkin' how come I can't find Jack Daniel's in 5 gallon bottles.:lol: Then I saw the mouse and perspective caught up with me again.

I have to read and look slower. I thought that was a picture of your 36 (right) next to the 26 (left) and I'm thinkin' how come I can't find Jack Daniel's in 5 gallon bottles.:lol: Then I saw the mouse and perspective caught up with me again.

Now here's a whisky PC!

WhiskeyPC.jpg

Here's a screen snapshot of the wall mounted LCD TV/monitor.

Big picture, easy enough to see without zoom.

The LCD has picture by picture or picture in picture. Open two drawings side by side or watch

cable TV in a corner and/or full screen. I seldom use the picture in picture or view a television show

while working.

Screen_Snapshot-2.jpg

So, no photo of the actual 36" monitor mounted on the wall? :unsure:

I was curious to see how you had your work area set up.

Is that really a screenshot from the 36"? :?

I was expecting to see a lot more screen area. When I look at the toolbars, especially across the top, it just looks like a normal widescreen monitor. No better than my 21".

That is an actual screen shot from the 36" LCD TV/monitor.

Logitech wireless keyboard, wireless mouse.

The desk is a mess, me too!

If I print that little drawing, 8 x 11, it looks tinsey-winsy compared to the on screen view. And, I don't have AutoCAD maxed to the screen.

Monitor_Setup.JPG