Just tried out acad 2009; yuck! looks like MS vista!

RMS

OK guys I have been using autocad since R14, and have used 2000, 2005, 2007, 2008 but trying out 2009 I was surprised to see the layout is like MS Vista or something.....YUCK!

What do you guys think?

I am only looking at 2009 for the more advanced .net features; and now I am like wow, wtf!

Ok after running some 3D .net tutorials and seeing the 3D box in the upper right hand display I am now warming up to it some.......

Yes, the Ribbon takes some getting use to. It's possible to revert back to the 2007 format (well almost) but since this is the way of the future you might as well start to adapt.

Yes, the Ribbon takes some getting use to. It's possible to revert back to the 2007 format (well almost) but since this is the way of the future you might as well start to adapt.

Yeah, MS Office 2007 uses that new ribbon layout also. I found a feature that makes me feel like I have my old system back a bit.......I uncheck the Use Icons

acad-2009.JPG

Yes, and that was the first thing I set. I think I am OK with it now.......But I did notice a heavy increase in RAM consumption.........

I always take the recommended minimum and bump it up at least double the number. People tend to have other programs running besides the OS and their CAD program. Like money, one can never have enough RAM.

ACAD 2011 is a lot smoother with the Ribbon. On top of that they removed almost a million lines of erroneous code from the software.

One tip I have for the Ribbon is adding the Layers drop down to the QAT.

That way no matter where I go the Layers is still there just like old times.

I also set MENUBAR to 1 to get the old school pull downs back too. In ACAD 2009 that was a must since that was the first iteration of the Ribbon in ACAD they missed a few things.

ACAD 2011 is a lot smoother with the Ribbon. On top of that they removed almost a million lines of erroneous code from the software.

One tip I have for the Ribbon is adding the Layers drop down to the QAT.

That way no matter where I go the Layers is still there just like old times.

I also set MENUBAR to 1 to get the old school pull downs back too. In ACAD 2009 that was a must since that was the first iteration of the Ribbon in ACAD they missed a few things.

A 1Meg lines of BAD CODE (I though it felt a bit buggy) how did that happen any details about that?? Thanks for the tip on the MENUBAR I like it set to 1 also.......I feel back at home with 09 now.