Block Attributes not showing in Properties Window

stopandgo

Hi, I am having trouble with a particular block, which is defined by a single polyline and 3 attributes. When I select the block, I would like to see the 3 associated attributes show up in the "Properties" window; however for some reason they do not.

I am using ACAD2007 and I have a large widescreen monitor and have expanded the Properties window, so I know that I'm not just overlooking it. The window lists "General," "3D Visualization," "Geometry," and "Misc" categories for this block reference.

Can somebody help me figure out why the Properties dialog box isn't listing the block's associated attributes?

Hi,

Your attribute has constant mode. It means, you cannot modify his value.

If you want to change that, You have to edit your block and open properties palette of this attribute in block editor and to modify in Misc section constant : NO

see image below

Bye

Pascal

Constant attribute.jpg

YES.

Once again I was stumped by the right-under-your-nose solution. I exploded the block, switched off constant mode for each attribute, re-blocked the whole thing, and voila the block properties window shows the editable attribute tags I needed.

Originally, I had made the attribute tags dynamic so that AutoCAD wouldn't prompt you for the values each time you inserted the block. But what I didn't realize is that by putting it on "constant mode," you're disabling the option to change the tags AT ALL, including on the Properties Window.

Thank you, rvpas.