Macro to Command

eric_monceaux

In AutoCAD, I write custom macros to be used with tool bars, but I am wanting to see about turning those macros into commands, because I am not a big fan of tool bars. Here is an example of a command I would like:

^C^Cucs;;ucs;x;;

Another question I have is, in the "Customize User Interface" dialog there is a section for Keyboard Shortcuts, and I am having trouble understanding how to use them. I have tried making my own, but when trying to use them, I don't get any results. For example, when trying to use the temporary over ride for "endpoint" (SHIFT+E) on the command bar I just get a capital E.

Also, on a side note, has anyone used the new Action Recorder in ACAD 2009? If so, what are your thoughts? I find it to be a little slow.

THere are probably many ways to do what your wanting to do, one way is to make your macro a small lisp routine and add it to the acad.lsp file to load with each drawing. Something like this:

(defun C:bl () (COMMAND "-color" "bylayer") (princ))

for customizing the keyboard shortcuts you can try editing the PGP file with the Aliasedit command,

After editting the acad.pgp file type REINT at the command line (then press Enter) to reload the PGP file into RAM otherwise you may not see your changes take affect.