Mtext problems

LAD152

Hey guys,

Just wanted to know if anyone knows why every time I go to modify my text... it rotates in 90 degrees. So say it's already horizontal and then when I go to fix it, or add more to it, it rotates it vertically and then I have to rotate it back every time!!!! I know it's probably a simple fix but just wondering if anyone can help me out!! Thank you8)

hey remark-

thank you! although there is 2 additional steps to doing it that way, it does not rotate it anymore!! But why could it be doing this, if it's never happened before?? If I simply go to edit my text by double clicking on it...it automatically rotates in 90 degrees. Well thank you very much!!!:D

The question came up before. The person that asked it actually ended up using the work-around I passed along to you. I can take no direct credit. In the meantime it remains a puzzle to be solved.

• 2 years later...
The question came up before. The person that asked it actually ended up using the work-around I passed along to you. I can take no direct credit. In the meantime it remains a puzzle to be solved.

I had the same problem with Acad 09 and by sheer luck i found the cause of the problem, atleast in my case. When i opened the text style's settings i noticed that the Font Style was set to @Arial Unicode. When i switched it to ArialUnicode the problem was solved (i could edit the Mtext without it being rotated 90deg.). That @ in front of the Font Style seems to denote something that causes the Mtext to rotate 90 when it is edited by doubleclick or through right click menu.

I hope this works in your case too.