Models "blocking out" when moved

Ubatoid

I am sure this is going to be an easy one. I am playing about with some belt mates and I want to be able to observe how much one part revoles in relation to another. To this end I have created two wheels with markers on them and created a belt, but when I rotate wheel to see the reaction, the wheels "block out" so I cant see any details. I have played with the performance settings but cant find anything. There is only 3 components so its hardly stretching my system.

Any ideas ?

I believe its the Level Of Detail slider on the performance tab in the Options. Also for your performance, do you have Use Software OpenGL checked? I think having it checked will give you better graphics performance.

Also you can setup belt/pulley arrangements in sketches and rotate everything.

What about that slider bar. I think it says faster on one side and slower on the other. Faster "should" block the models in order to speed up move/rotate times. Slower will keep the model detail, it may remove visible tangent edges.

You can only select Open GL when no documents are open. OpenGL disables graphics adapter hardware. Selecting it or not will depend on which graphics card you have.