Viewport On Top Of Drawing

gsksun4

When I go into the paper space tab to create a viewport, I do mview and window my viewport. It creates the viewport but it's on top of the rest of the drawing. I've done this before and it went fine, only showing the viewport without the drawing behind it. THat being my layout space. Only black space around the viewport. I must have missed a step or two. I'm following my notes on this, but I must have omitted something.

Thoughts?

Glenn

2009LT

When I go into the paper space tab to create a viewport, I do mview and window my viewport. It creates the viewport but it's on top of the rest of the drawing. I've done this before and it went fine, only showing the viewport without the drawing behind it. THat being my layout space. Only black space around the viewport. I must have missed a step or two. I'm following my notes on this, but I must have omitted something.

Thoughts?

Glenn

2009LT

OK, the drawing is from a customer, so it might just be that drawing.

The entire drawing showed up in the layout tab/paper space, in a viewport already created, hence the viewport I created wound up on top of a viewport. I erased the initial viewport and then created two new one's and all is fine. Sorry for the misunderstanding.