Will PAY $ for 3D gear help - need it asap

TheJanekGroup

I have a 2 part gear unit that works like the click action of a ball point pen. It has a series of teeth around it that slide and lock on each other. I have great measurement tools, Im working on Inventor 2010 (also have 2008), but I cannot find out how to ge the teeth to extrude from the center axis on a coil like they do. The parts mirror around the unit, so all I need to do is draft one of each tooth to make this work.

I really need this done TODAY. If anyone can assist me by email or phone, please let me know. I would be more then happy to pay you by paypal for you time. I can send pictures, video, and measurements of the parts, or you could walk me through it by phone, skype, etc.

Please email me at jonas@thejanekgroup.com or at 618-709-9263

Gear1.jpg

gear2.jpg

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheJanekGroup

• JD Mather

• retnic

• pinco pallino

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Im working on Inventor 2010 ....

Looks like trivially simple parts - attach zip and attach what you have so far.

What format should I send it in? I have inverntor 10? Have tooth measurements based on OD square dimensions, Ill sketch and upload them too.

Attached is a .zip of two Autocad 2010 .ipt files of the two parts, and severl more pictures.

One part has 6 teeth, equally mirrored around the center axis. The other piece has three double teeth, also equally spaced around the center axis.

All of the teeth are cut on angles back toward the center axis, and but there is some "twist" for lack of knowing the proper term, that is on the top face of the teeth that slopes inward and downward.

Button Part.zip

Spring Part.zip

IMAG0038.jpg

IMAG0039.jpg

IMAG0040.jpg

IMAG0041.jpg

This is what I am measuering on the tooth for the button part using calipers. This is on the outside edge of the tooth. The tooth sidewalls taper toward the center so it is smaller as you move inward.

ToothMeasurements.jpg

First thing I notice is your Sketch1 is not constrainted - you might go through these documents (slightly different information in each). http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/AU2006/MA13-3%20Mathe r.pdf

http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/AU2007/MA105-1L%20Mat her.pdf

http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/skillsusa%20universit y.pdf

What is the purpose of modeling these?

Are you going to manufacture them? (they appear to be several parts welded (brazed?) together - do you need each individual part?)

These tutorials are great, but this is a one time project for me, my drafter is unavailable right now, and I am in a hurry to get this done. I dont think I have time to catch up on my drafting skills (although after seeing the tutorials, I will likely go back through them later and do so).

Im really looking for someone I can communicate with, who can tell me what data and measurments they need, and who can create these models for me.

Can you do that, or do you know someone who can?

I just about have the top and front view sketches completed with dimensions and angles.

The units will be injection molded from HPDE, thus once I have a solid and straight model, I can put clearance and draft on them to prepare them for molding. The two parts along with an outside carrier and spring form the click mechanism. This click mechanism actuates a shaft in a mechanial assembly that locks and unlocks two pieces.

If you grab an ink pen that clicks from the top, and click it, this is the same basic design and functionality. This is a larger scale.

This is what I am measuering on the tooth for the button part using calipers. This is on the outside edge of the tooth.

What are the outside edge dimensions of the Spring Part?

Button_jd.jpg

Here are some measurements - Accidently named this file incorrectly, these are the measurements for the Button Part.

These are a bit more detailed then my prior sketch.

Tooth Sketche Spring Part.jpg

I have inverntor 10?

Looks like 2010 to me, not 10. There are 3 Service Packs that you should download and install.

2010.png

While I am modeling the Spring Part start a brand new file.

I'll walk you through creating the Button Part.

Create the sketch as shown (it should turn dark when fully constrained).

Post a screen capture when completed.

Button Sketch1.png

ok. Ill create this sketch, just one minute

Wait a minute - I thought the second sketch you posted was the spring part. I need those dimensions - as you saw I already completed the button part.

Get those to me and then go back and start over on the button per my instructions.

Got it done.

Doesn't look fully constrained. (You might want to go back and read the documents I linked earlier.)

If you click and hold while dragging a corner does it stay put or does it move?

... I am in a hurry to get this done....

Where did you go? You were about done with the first part. About a 15 minute job (less with my step-by-step).

Spring part proceedure very similar.