Alignment Of Proposed Site Plan

CivilPrice

I have a proposal that I am working on, and im trying to impress the suits. I want to line up the site as best as posible to get an awesome proposal drawing started. I have the coordinate system all set up.

NAD83 California State Planes, Zone V, US Foot

NAD83 California State Planes, Zone V, US Foot

and I found the site on google maps... but what would be the best way to line up the streets, so that i can overlay and scale a pdf to the actual position in autocad?

Any help would be much appreciated!

We "align" our images to 2 points on our drawn streets when we have no known locations, its a best guess sometimes a little bit of scaling to adjust to the best fit. Also send image to back.

I Hate Just Shooting From The Hip. I Like To Have Everything In An Exact Coordinance. I Know There Is A Way To Do It With Google Earth, But I Dont Have Google Earth And Can Not Download It At Work... Weird I Know.

I Have It Aligned To The North And Scaled... Guess Thats As Good As It Gets For Now.

Yeah You Have To Have A Google Earth Coordinance. Man I Was Stoked To Do This, There Are Video's And Everything On How To Do It. I Could Do It At Home If I Thought I Could Do It Right.

Hi,

I hope that cad tutor team and all the user of cad tutor will be fine and good health. My questions is that tell me the hatch command. How to use it in drawing.

Please tell me detail, if possible so the drawing with hatch command.

Thank & Best Regards.

Roohi

Hi,

I hope that cad tutor team and all the user of cad tutor will be fine and good health. My questions is that tell me the hatch command. How to use it in drawing.

Please tell me detail, if possible so the drawing with hatch command.

Thank & Best Regards.

Roohi

You should always start a new thread (for this, start in the Beginner's section). If you are at the point where you don't understand basic commands, it's best to suggest you look into a good autocad for beginners book.

it should be H for hatch, or just type HATCH in the command line. Then you just select your pattern from the menu, choose a scale, and then on the top right there is a field called "Boundaries" with add: pick points, and Add: select objects.

now if you have a closed polyline you can pick "Add: Select objects, other wise just choose pick points and click inside the space you want to hatch.

Some patterns depending on the drawing scale will not come in if it is too large or too small of an area so sometime you just need to play with the scale. And if it comes in all broken looking it is probably the Hatch Origin on the lower left.

If you have any trouble just let us know! Happy Drafting

Civilprice Our GIS sytem allows us to embedd a co-ordinate system into the image so when importing it reflects true world co-ordinates, great you say but its totally dpendant on aerial photographs so any error in them ends up error in image sometimes we find up to 1m errors. We had some aerial stuff done recently and our ground control is as accurate as our guys can survey it +25mm xyz so images are to this type of accuracy.

We use google map a bit but again its only as good as the system that was used to refence points on the real planet not the satellite image.