weird error message

gargoyle27

So i went to use the "pack 'n' go" feature so i can send an entire machine assembly to a customer but i got a weird error, can anyone tell me how to fix this? see attached picture

inventor error.jpg

Usually when I get this error message is when I first start running an upgrade or am switching between releases. Depending on what I am working on and what it is asking me to close is wheather I hit Yes or No.

i have never had any other version installed on this computer since the hdd was reformatted, and it only had sp1, i got sp2 now and it didn't change

and it doesn't matter if i click yes or no, it still won't let me pack n go

ok, so it turns out that error message i posted wasn't the main one i was worried about, it's this one, this is the one that comes up at the time i mentioned, see attached picture

inventor error 2.jpg

Go here if in Windows 7. Turn it off, restart machine and try again. It may be that Windows can't launch proper security for how this part of Inventor works. Adjust the setting in the UAC to the lowest one.

7-15-2010 12-51-19 PM.jpg

well i tried that, turned it down to the lowest setting and i'm still getting the same error message, any other ideas?

Well I thought that would have helped. This should be a last resort but, you could reinstall with UAC and antivirus turned off in case something got flagged in the install and registered properly because these were on during install.

Can you launch Design Assistant either?

Maybe try a Repair of the install with these turned off before a full blown reinstall.

Repair = Restores files to factory state

Reinstall = completely replaces files