• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• _E_

• Cat

• Tankman

• _dk_

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I have tried a few free trials one seems pretty good, Aide PDF to DXF Converter. But i was wondering what other people use.

Yeah I have tried a few free trials one seems pretty good, Aide PDF to DXF Converter. But i was wondering what other people use.

I've heard that "Back To Cad" works pretty well, but I haven't personally used it.

Thanks, any views from people who have used these programs would be much appreciated before i go out and buy one.

Cheers

The company I work for researched this type of software. After testing several, they decided to purchase the one I previously recommended. Maybe you can find a free trail version to test for your application.

It's not ideal, but I do this all the time by opening the PDF in Adobe Illustrator, then exporting to DWG. So long as the PDF is formed from vectors and not rasterized it works, sort of. Thing is that everything is on one layer and it seems to break down arcs and hatches into fragments, so drawings can be pretty messy. It still saves me loads of time redrawing buildings though.

This is what I use too. It gives me double duty as I also get a nice vector drawing program as well as a PDF-to-DWG tool. :wink:

It's not ideal, but I do this all the time by opening the PDF in Adobe Illustrator, then exporting to DWG. So long as the PDF is formed from vectors and not rasterized it works, sort of. Thing is that everything is on one layer and it seems to break down arcs and hatches into fragments, so drawings can be pretty messy. It still saves me loads of time redrawing buildings though.

Cheers bussynova, I tried it and it was brilliant. Another good thing is that our PR team have the only copies of Illustrator, so they can convert all the requests that our CAD team get for this.

Great _E_! 8)

I just used the converter on two *.pdf's downloaded from one of my suppliers.

Worked excellent but, part of the reason is, "The *.pdf was created from an AutoCAD drawing."

Lucky for me! Scanned images are junque!

Yeah, I have noticed that if you are trying to convert a scanned pdf, it doesn't matter what program you use, you get terrible results.

A client company I use to work for had a large volume of manual drawings and didn't want to pay the cost to have them converted. Their solution was to purchase a large scanner. The results were less than good. It worked fine just to print out copies, but every entity in the resulting dxf file was compiled of dust.

_dk_ yes I have tried pdf underlays but the rest of the company are using AutoCAD LT 2008 so they can not view the underlays that I attach.

With regard to your throw away comment at the end of your post, if you look underneath your, mine or anyones eles name it clearly states which piece of sotware they are using. Please be aware of this before you rattle anyone elses cage.

Cheers