Autocad MTEXT

monk

Hello,

Im currently working for a company and I have an MTEXT issue!

We both have the same font files. When i setup a drawing with MTEXT in it, sometimes when i open the drawing on his machine the mtext gets a bit messed up. i.e the mtext length shrinks pushing text onto more line, the alignment is changed.

Are there some settings that may be different between our CAD?

im on 2011 vanilla hes on 2010 arch.

Thanks

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• monk

• Tharwat

• Tiger

• dbroada

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That is one way thanks, but im hoping for a long term fix. there must be something thats disimilar between our CADs

Do not Explode your text! MText is so much more handy than Text.

Do you use the same Text Style? Is the same Font assigned to the same Text Styles? If nothing else, copy the right font-file from on machine to the other so that you are sure that you use the same one.

OK. let me go further . When you intend to to move your drawing to the other Computer. Use the eTransemit command and that's

for sure would guarantee the whole thing in your drawing.

Tharwat

ok so same font and text styles. Basically im working for someone in theyre office but from my laptop. So etransmit is out. Im simply copying drawings from network location working on them and putting them back. my laptop has no network access so i use one of the other cad guys to plot and save them to the network.

It doesnt happen everytime i open on his machine. I am yet to figure out what causes it. whether its saving it on his cad?

I read your OP again, you say text-lenght - could it be a width-factor to his font somehow? There is a width-setting in the MText editor, check if that differs somehow - I can't explain why it would just happen once in a while though...

ok next time i am on his machine i will look through his text editor settings. Thanks for your help. If I manage to catch it i will post more.

ok next time i am on his machine i will look through his text editor settings. Thanks for your help. If I manage to catch it i will post more.

Yeah, without seeing what is happening its hard to guess what could be the problem - Screenshots are your friends! :)

OLD.pngFrom the attached images. I did the original drawing, which was then opened on a colleagues machine he has architecture 10, I have vanilla 11. However this happened before with previous CAD.

All that happens is the MTEXT Grip for length shrinks and then knocks the text onto the next line etc.

NEW.png

OLD.png

There is a width-setting in the MText editor, check if that differs somehow - I can't explain why it would just happen once in a while though...
can't explain it happening at all. The width setting should be applied to the text object and not be influenced by the machine it opens on. However I have seen this happen from time to time but can't offer an explaination. Are the screen resolutions identical on both machines? It may be that one resolves it as 100 pixels wide, the other 99?

Screen resolutions are different. However I cant change this as im on a laptop, hes on a 17inch widescreen... Interesting to see if this affects anything. However I work from my laptop and then on my home PC (Different resolutions) Mine are fine. Madness....

can you match his resolution on your home machine?

I'm shooting in the dark here so don't know if it is a sensible direction to head or not.

PM me your email address Ill send it to you.

It's better to upload it within the same thread in here, I mean not to send

it personally. and you can bring it by manage attachments.

If I couldn't help you maybe someone else. Certainly.

Tharwat