Trying to connect propeller blade to hub

cpascual

How it is that I can mate the prop blade to the hub (shown) and how would I get it to wrap around it? I am new to AutoCAD and I don't really know how I would mate these two solids. Your help or any advice would be greatly appreciated.

propblade.jpg

Or should I have made the profile propeller a little bit larger to place it within the hub and then perform a UNION of the two solids? Let me know if this is what I should have done or if there is some other way I can do it at this point. Thanks

Or should I have made the profile propeller a little bit larger to place it within the hub and then perform a UNION of the two solids? Let me know if this is what I should have done or if there is some other way I can do it at this point. Thanks

The blades look good... for the hub you can insert the blade and use the hub to slice and then union if you want.

Here I copied the solid move it away and exploded the hub and deleted the faces so I have a surface now to slice the blades. Do a polar array first though...

blade_slice.png

KC

copy the hub bit, and move the original out the way for now

move the copied hub closer to the blade to close the gaps,

then use the Subtract tool selecting the blade first, then the copied hub, it should result in the curvature of the shaft being subtracted from the blade.

then move the original hub into position.

that way you can still fully edit either solid without the issues of having it as one solid.

Got the Propeller done. Take a look. Its pretty close to how the part actually looks. Thanks for all your help KC I couldn't have done it with out you.

prop.jpg