Can you help me choose a monitor?

Mr.Alex

The time has come to get a new monitor...

I'll mainly be using it for AutoCAD, and a bit of photoshop.

I'm pretty much decided on a single monitor 24 inch set up.

Would something like the "Samsung P2450H 24-inch Widescreen Full HD 1920 x 1080p Monitor" be any good, or do I need something more 'professional', such as the "Dell U2410 24 - inch Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor".

The Dell is about double the price of the Samsung (I'm in the UK - the Samsung is about £200, and the Dell is about £400). I will stretch to the Dell if it really is going to be better/more suitable, but would obviously prefer to spend less on the Samsung if you think it will be good enough!?

Both seem to have good reviews.

Any comments/suggestions?

Thanks,

Alex

Do you have any ability to actually see the monitors before making a decision? I know with CRT monitors it was important to make sure that "black" was really black and not a dark gray.

Are the dimensions of the monitors roughly the same?

Brightness is also something you want to check for. Do you use your computer in a brightly lit room?

Can the monitors height be adjusted at all? Do either one of them swivel?

Where are the connectors located on each? Front or back?

What types of connectors are on each monitor? Will you need an adapter for your video card?

I'm sure you have thought of all these questions already but they bear repeating.

Thanks ReMark.

I've just ordered the Dell. I've had my eye on it for a while, and I've found it for a good price - still over double that of the Samsung, but it ticked all the boxes, and was the clear winner with regards to everything you mentioned above. Unfortunately I haven't been able to see/test it, but I'm sure I won't be disasapointed given the reviews, and I used to use an older version of it, and was very happy with that.

Thanks for your help!

Alex