Moving 2D lines to zero on Z axis

bpjewell

Hi, I have a quick question which I hope there is an answer to, it's a problem that has been annoying me for a long time!

The problem is that I am working with OS maps which for some reason are drawn with lines which are scattered all over the Z axis. Each line is in one plane on the Z axis (i.e. both ends of each line have the same Z co-ordinates) but almost every line has a different Z co-ordinate! This causes me majot headaches when I am trying to locate scheme drawings on maps or use objects from these maps in drawings.

I know that I can draw over the maps using polylines and get my lines in one plane that way but it is far too time consuming!

Is there a quick way to move all the lines to zero on the Z axis without affecting their X and Y co-ordinates?

If anyone can help I would be extremely happy!

I'm using AutoCAD 2005 by the way.

For lines that have endpoints with differing z values (apparently not your case) that method wouldn't work. The Express Tools "flatten" command will work on most every object to change all z values to 0.

• 4 years later...