changing drawing axis

br0604bom

are you able to change the axis on which you are drawing with one button in autocad?

what i mean is, if you go to draw in the 3d file and the rectangle you are drawing is presented flat as if on the ground, can you then press a button to make it appear you are drawing on a wall?

many thanks to someone with an answer

okay, I'll go with that cad 64, cheers,

in actual fact, i answered that a little quickly,

I don't mean the way you view the drawing, i mean when you are in the middle of drawing a reactangle or square, for it to change from the x to the y axis, flipping it as you draw it, not sure i made it clear enough

Edited by br0604bom

okay, I'll go with that cad 64, cheers,

in actual fact, i answered that a little quickly,

I don't mean the way you view the drawing, i mean when you are in the middle of drawing a reactangle or square, for it to change from the x to the y axis, flipping it as you draw it, not sure i made it clear enough

You can use ® rotation within the rectangle commend and even change elevation (z axis), during execution but you wont be able to stand it up if that's what your referring too... I personally never use either of those commends and either rotate my UCS or the object itself afterward. It's really all what's easiest for you...

KC