Area to draw a figure

XuFyan

What are should i set to draw this Figure ?? i tried different areas but figure is not drawing perfectly.

CASSETE.jpgATTACH]22553[/ATTACH]

and how the distance of the first circle (top circle) from the top and the distance of the second circle from the bottom is exactly the same ?? i mean how could i find out the point that draw these two circle at the same disctance from the lines

Edited by XuFyan

You can start by drawing two concentric circles. Draw a rectangle anywhere on the screen, 6.25x12.5 units. -Sorry if I missed a number, the image you posted is not clear enough. Move the rectangle so that the middle of the bottom edge goes in the center of the circles. Now move the rectangle down 2.0 units. Copy the circles upward 6.5units. This is how I would do it, fallowing the model.

To answer your request, to place the rectangle's center right between the circles: draw the 4 circles and connect with a line the two centerpoints. Draw the rectangle and draw a diagonal line. Select the rectangle, start the MOVE command. As start point click the mid of the diagonal line. As destination point click the mid of the line connecting the centers. Now you can delete the two lines.

Later you will be able to find the mid between two given points even without drawing the connecting line -but for now this way should be enough for you.

Good luck!

You should have absolutely no problem drawing this with r14 AutoCAD.

Start with either the two circles (one inside the other) at the top or the bottom.

Copy this set of circles the distance shown. Is it 6.500? Sorry, I'm having trouble reading the dimensions.

Draw one of the lines connecting the outer circle (top and bottom...notice that its at the quadrant point) then mirror the line (using the center of the circles to duplicate the line on the other side.

Got all that so far?

Area? Do you mean limits?

Limits should be set large enough to easily accommodate the object. But it really isn't that critical as AutoCAD will expand the area required as you draw.

Not drawn perfectly? In what way?

Sorry, but I have someplace to go in a few minutes. I won't be back for 4 or 5 hours. Until then here is an image you can use to assist you with your drawing. Start at the upper left and read from left to right. There's two rows of objects.

XuFyan_1.jpg

i know how to draw this but,

Suppose i have drawn a rectangle already now i've draw a circle , how could i identify the point through command where i have to draw a circle exactly as it is drawn in above figure (equal distance of a cricle from left line and right line) ??

If you drew the rectangle first then where you draw the larger of the two circles is up to you. One way would be to draw the circle on the midpoint of the horizontal line then move the circle into the interior of the rectangle the required distance which can be calculated given the available dimensions. The second option I believe, since you are using r14, is using a point filter to locate the center of the circle within the rectangle based upon its location from one of the horizontal lines. Half of what needs to be drawn in this exercise can be done using the Mirror command.

I would like to point out that normally full circles are dimensioned using Diameter and not radius... I have seen it both ways but, personally I use Radius on anything 359deg and below.

KC

It looks like the figure should have isocircles to me?

Use construction lines to locate if you can't use direct distance entry with tracking. Then delete the construction lines. (or put them on a hidden layer)

If you drew the rectangle first then where you draw the larger of the two circles is up to you. One way would be to draw the circle on the midpoint of the horizontal line then move the circle into the interior of the rectangle the required distance which can be calculated given the available dimensions. The second option I believe, since you are using r14, is using a point filter to locate the center of the circle within the rectangle based upon its location from one of the horizontal lines. Half of what needs to be drawn in this exercise can be done using the Mirror command.

i want to draw circle directly inside the rectangle , as you can see in the figure the circle at the bottom is drawn at the distance of "2" from the bottom line , how could i draw a circle at directly at the distance of 2 from the bottom line using commands only ?

You wrote:

"...how could i draw a circle at directly at the distance of 2 from the bottom line using commands only ?"

If you really want to know please follow along carefully.

Start the Circle command.

AutoCAD will prompt: _circle Specify center point for circle or [3P/2P/Ttr (tan tan radius)]:

For your input please type the word From then press your Enter key.

AutoCAD will prompt: Base point:

Your response will be to pick the midpoint of the bottom line.

After picking the midpoint look at your command line. It should look like this:Base point:

For your input please type the following exactly as it appears: @3

AutoCAD will prompt: Specify radius of circle or [Diameter]:

Note that AutoCAD may display the last radius used.

For your input (we're using radii here) please type 0.5 then press the Enter key.

AutoCAD should draw the center of your circle 3 units off of the bottom horizontal line.

Now, offset this circle 0.5 units then measure from the bottom quadrant to the horizontal line.

You should get a distance of 2 units.

This procedure is called using the From object snap. Remember it and use it in the future.

Edited by ReMark