Jerry Koler

I am using Autocad 2007. Cannot get the all lines and text to plot correctly, some are correct but some are way too thick as though they are potting by thickness and not color. I changed the color and they still plot thick. In checking the properties box they all seem to be the same. Tried blocking and got the same. It also creates the thick lines when I create a PDF. I think the original drawing was created in ProCAD. Could it be holding the original default and if so how do I reset them back? When I plot in monochrome they are better but still some lines come out wrong.

If all objects are set to bylayer color, and lineweight, I would check the polylines for global width.

With all of that being copacetic, then I would next check the layer properties manager and ensure that their respective layer/colors are set to default in the lineweight column.

Edit: You may also need to (from paperspace) remove all viewport overrides.

...The only other option I can think of then, is it is a CTB problem.

Is it by chance only specific colors that demonstrate the behavior?

Have you tried changing the layer colors?

I've got to head out for the night, but I'll check back tomorrow.

Good luck!

No, it does the same to all colors, this is what makes me thnk it is plotting ini line thicknesss not color. Layer colors make no difference, stilll plots thick.

To reiterate:

If all is well in modelspace, in the layer properties manager, with the objects themselves, *and* is indiscriminate of color... then the next place to look is inside the CTB (in my opinion).