FEA crash with a spoked wheel

Lor

shift1313 thankyou for your help!

Now that i know the material stress (my prew. message) , i can continue my work!

Anyway the problems i don't know where is, because the SAME PART FILE in 2011 work...

There aren't the problems that you list. I checked it.

Thanx !

Part file .zip

Puleggia nuova ok.zip

Edited by Lor

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lor

• shift1313

• rdharvey

• JD Mather

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I will check it out when i can lor. Dont go by any numbers on my screen. That was just a test to make sure there were no mesh errors. I hope you meant you have info from your model and not my screen shot.

i opened up the most recent file you posted and checked it out for any geometry errors and in terms of the geometry its fine. There are ways you can improve the modeling process but that doesnt really matter at this point.

I pulled it into an FEA and used everything you did for the setup and ran it. It ran fine as well. Without having 08 and getting the same error I cant really tell you what the issue is. How different is this model from the one you were having issues with?

Also my results looked a bit different from your last screen shot.

screenshot1.jpg

Thankyou shift! :)

I don't know why my inv2008 work so bad...i'll try to reinstall it, even if i'm waiting for a free demo version fo 2011 from Autodesk.

Is very strange too, the different screen bettween your and my prew posted obtained with a 2011 version from the same part file.

But now i know that the max stress is about 20 MPa and only this matter!

Thanx to all guys, see you next time!

Lor