domyrat

I have this block (in attachment). It's a door, and i need different sizes,

110 width, 214.5 height

101 width, 214.5 height

101 width, 203.5 height

106 width, 198.5 height

91 width, 198.5 height

71 width, 198.5 height

Any chance how to resize it to correct size for all door?

Help please.

!vrata-blok.dwg

if you do some simple math you can easily resize it. Select your object and right click, go to the properties menu. Under the available information there is a section called geometry. There is a scale x, y and z.

for instance, your drawing is 110wide, if you want it 101 you simply do 101/110 = .918181818 etc.

punch this number in your ScaleX box and it will scale the x down to this dimension. Be careful that you pay attention to the other elemens of the drawing such as the door handle. for instance scaling the x down to 101 will make your door handle go from 12 wide to 11.02.

If this file is merely for reference, this may work for you but otherwise you will need to model the door handle as a seperate layer and not part of the door.

Don't forget you will have the same problem with door frame as you do with the door handle. i.e it will be distorted due to the scaling. You could create a model of each sizie and put them into a dynamic block and use a lookup to display the required one but this will be memory hungry if you have a lot of doors to show. Is there a reason why can't use different block for each size?