Importing points with blocks attached?

Martini

I know theres away to import points with a defined block attached. But I cannot seem to remember how to do it. And my company is new to the inhouse drafting so im the only one here and im trying to come up with a point naming system for the field crew so when I import them the block attaches to that description.

To import point data

1. Specify the Point Identity settings, which control the point numbers of the created points. For more information, see Editing the Point Identity Settings.
  2. Click mbicon.bmp ac.menuaro.gifPoints menu ac.menuaro.gif Create Points.At the Command prompt, enter CreatePoints.
  3. On the Create Points toolbar, click the Import Points button.
  4. In the Import Points dialog box, specify the point file format that describes the layout of the data in the point data file you are importing.
  5. In the Import Points dialog box, click sc_points_importexport_file_icon.png, and select the point data file you want to import. NoteTo migrate points from Autodesk Land Desktop, select External Project Point Database as the format type and select the Autodesk Land Desktop point database .mdb file as the source file.

6. Optionally, specify a point group to which the imported points are added.
  7. Optionally, specify advanced options for elevation adjustment, coordinate transformation, or coordinate data expansion.
  8. Click OK to import the points.