Visual Styles Issue

shift1313

While working with Acad 07 im having problems with shademode.

basically any of my views, hidden, conceptual, realistic, all have trace lines and are see through. Im not sure when or how this happened but i havent been able to get it back to the preset. I have played with the opacity setting in the visual style manager but nothing seems to change.

thanks.

i fixed it somehow but im not sure what happened

I went to the visual styles manage and created a new style and it set all the others. My realistic style doesnt work now, its the same as 3d wireframe so any insight on this would be great.

thanks

Here are the settings under Visual Styles Manager for Realistic Style. I'll give you the major heading followed by the default settings listed below. I'm not going to type out the name of each setting under each heading. Got it? Good. Go..........

Face Settings

Real

Smooth

Materials and Color

Materials and textures

Normal

Environment Settings

Off

On

Edge Settings

Isoline

No

Edge Modifiers

Medium

Fast Silhouette Edges

No

That's it. Good luck getting things back to normal.

thanks for the reply remark, everything i had was set as you say only the edge modifiers on mine was positive 6. very odd. things seem to be okay for the most part, ill mess with it more on monday:)

That was my last best shot. I usually run with the default settings. Keep us abreast of the situation. Maybe one of us will get a brain storm that will put you back on track.

thinking back on it the problem happened after i converted my mesh-solid to a brep. but talking to my boss he had the same issue happen on his comp and hasnt been able to fix it.