conditional statement

lfe011969

Ahh! Got it now, I appreciate the clarification... Sorry for the tangential topic, guys.

We are on our own `tangential topic' ourselves so whats a tangent of a tangent?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• irneb

• Se7en

• BlackBox

• lfe011969

Top Posters In This Topic

It might be possible to do this with Bluebeam CAD edition, without having to go through all of this programming stuff. I switched to Bluebeam from Adobe and I'll never, ever in a million years go back. It does twenty times what Adobe can do and uses a fourth of the memory space. It has a direct plugin for AutoCAD, and you can create single or batch pdf files straight from the plot dialog box in AutoCAD and then staple them back together either with the Stapler program that comes free with the program download when you buy it, or from inside Bluebeam.

It might be possible to do this with Bluebeam CAD edition, without having to go through all of this programming stuff. I switched to Bluebeam from Adobe and I'll never, ever in a million years go back. It does twenty times what Adobe can do and uses a fourth of the memory space. It has a direct plugin for AutoCAD, and you can create single or batch pdf files straight from the plot dialog box in AutoCAD and then staple them back together either with the Stapler program that comes free with the program download when you buy it, or from inside Bluebeam.

But Ghostscript is free and there *isnt* a plug-in for acad; it is just a printer and I have windows batch scripts to do all the stuff i need (like: combine pdfs, convert to...).

Besides, I like programming. Its what i do.

Sorry that we went a bit off topic, :sweat: I promise it's all in good faith ... whether it be tangent to tangent or fractal :huh:

But Ghostscript is free and there *isnt* a plug-in for acad; it is just a printer and I have windows batch scripts to do all the stuff i need (like: combine pdfs, convert to...).

Besides, I like programming. Its what i do.

Not to mention: you can get round the problem of what the PDF's filename should be by programming. Something which is a disaster in Publish. Of course it's possible to rename the file(s) after the fact using a batch script ... but it sounds a bit foolish doesn't it?

BTW, PDFCreator has at least the functionality of calculating the filename from a set of parameters when you have the autosave turned on. It's not perfect for all scenarios, but waaaaayyyyy better than AC's built-in: "This is what you get, and don't complain!" :lol: What I "really" like about PDFC is its ability to combine PDFs from various programs together all at the time of printing (so I can have a DWG + Excel + Word + etc. etc. etc. all into one PDF without needing to open another program like Adobe or Bluebeam ... or even some open source proggies like PDFTK). Very rarely do I need to modify things like watermarks, encryption, etc. But even for that it's quite possible to do using GS directly, not to mention easy to write a BAT file to do it to a multitude of PDFs in one go.