Reducing long line of numbers

Michaels

Hello.

I have seen once before an example showing how to reduce a number with long line of numbers , things like 1234Ed12 or so.

I think numbers would take that look due to passing 14 numbers. Is this right ?

Many Thanks.

That's right Grant. it has to be (e) not (ed) .

Also Thanks Lee for that link, Actually I have read my part and I found out that when numbers are passing more than ten numbers it would turn to that shape.

But the question is, how to turn back that unknown hidden numbers in the back of char. (e) ?

Regards.

I am sorry .

Here is the answer included in Lee's given link .

[edit] Examples and alternatives

In the FORTRAN, Perl, and Python programming languages, 6.0221418E23 is equivalent to 6.0221418×1023.

The ALGOL 60 programming language uses a subscript ten "10" character instead of the letter E, for example: 6.02214151023[1].

The ALGOL 68 programming language has the choice of 4 characters: e, E, \, or 10. By examples: 6.0221415e23, 6.0221415E23, 6.0221415\23 or 6.02214151023[2].

The TI-83 series and TI-84 Plus series of calculators use a stylized E character to display decimal exponent and the 10 character to denote an equivalent Operator[7].

The Simula programming language requires the use of & (or && for long), for example: 6.0221415&23 (or 6.0221415&&23)[3].

That was because I did not read it up to that point. :thumbsup:

Thanks Lee.

Michaels