Rotated text in in layout

Lichado

Hi all

I'm having problems when I use text not aligned with WCS. When I go to layout view, I rotate the view, so the drawing aligns with the heet. The text shows fine but, when I plot, the text gets unexpected rotations (the plot preview also shows the text with this unexpected rotaions). I'm using Autocad 2000. Anyone knows how to fix this bug?

Thanks

How do you mean unexpected rotations?

what font are you using? sometimes there are fonts that are rotated at a certain angle which cannot be changed during printing.

e.g. the @Arial Unicode MS is always printed upright even though its oriented horizontally

I have the drawing with a 47.92º rotation. In layout, I rotate the view -47.92º, so it aligns with the view. It looks fine. When I plot, the text it's not aligned, it gets a rotation I can't figure. I'm using Arial, ZapfEllipt BT and Isocpeur as fonts

• 2 weeks later...

I too am had a similiar this problem. Fixed it sort of. I'll try explain what happened because I'm not really sure as to why my drawing was being effect and why the remedy I applied work. Ok I hope that makes sense.

Basicly it's a buiding with rooms wall set at mad angles and I'm just overlaying AV Projection Distances of off certain walls so to keep my text level with plot I'm rotating them each time. All Looks fine in PaperSpace and when I do a print preview it also looks ok. However when it plots all the text has changed orientation.

What I discovered was.

Me being a lazy so and so didn't want to change my A2 role in the plotter to A1 so I just changed the paper size to A1 (portrait) and landscaped it in Drawing Orientation. I just realized that I never checked the preview when I made these changes(only check preview for previous paper size - A1 (landscape)) So I gave it a little look now and low and behold the text was all ascew.

So just now I got off my lazy ass and changed the role to A1 and printed Paper size A1 (Landscape) and Drawing Orientation (Landscape). Drawing plotted out fine.

Now why the plot was tieing the text orientation in with the paper I don't know. I'll have a look through my settings on plot and what-not and see if anything comes up.