looking for something specific

cgilbert23

Greetings Forum members!! This is my 1st post! I just found the forum earlier today and haven't had much time to explore. I'm trying to find some western/cowboy scenery...something with longhorns in it...I am building a pair of entry gates to a farm, and want to put some scenery in the center of each gate. Does anyone know where i could find anything?

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Giddyup!

Welcome to the CADTutor forum cgilbert23.

Yours is one of the more unusual requests that I've seen (western/cowboy scenery). Can't say I've run across anything like that. But if I should I'll post a link.

Maybe you can bring a PDF image of some longhorns into AutoCAD and trace over it.

I have the advantage as I have a digitizing board so I could "trace" an image like that. Did you give some thought to my earlier suggestion re: PDF?

Yes sir, and that is probably what I will end up having to do. No biggie, maybe i'll get lucky and someone will have something. Thanks for your input ReMark...I'm looking forward to using this forum!

If you have images, you can simply open them in Adobe Illustrator and convert them to vector linework and then Export to .dwg. I just converted the one you posted above. Took about a minute to open the file, convert it and export it. It's not perfect, but it's a starting point. You can get better results with higher quality images.

Texas.dwg

THANK YOU CAD64!!!!!!!!! In my short experience with this forum, it is the exact opposite of every other forum I am apart of....you guys actually help instead of make the problem worse! Thanks again!!

We can make the problem worse only if you ask, otherwise we are obliged to at least make an attempt to help you out so management doesn't suspend our executive washroom privileges. LOL

Cad64....I don't have illustrator. Could you please convert this to .dwg? Thank you for your help...anyone know where to find a copy of illustrator?

9f0a_3.jpg

This one wasn't as straightforward as the last one. I had to use Photoshop to clean up the image first and then into Illustrator to vectorize it.

You can download the trial version of Illustrator, and Photoshop, from the Adobe website. If this is something you do on a regular basis, you might want to look into purchasing the software. http://www.adobe.com/products/illustrator/

Cow.dwg