Hollow Polyline

matatmicad

but, those are for uploading jpeg, gif and such. can it still be used for autocad dwg, because if uploaded it in jpeg, or pdf, i dont see it will help us to discuss the matter, more clearly. sorry for my ignorance

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• azwanshah

• ReMark

• matatmicad

• JPlanera

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

eg.dwg

i'm not sure if this working or not, but i'm using file attachement. From the drawing u can see the thick hollow line forming the word fourmate, the word word with hatch and the rest, without. it is drawn using poyline, and in modelspace. it suppose to be filled but, its hollow

That's an unusual way of creating a drawing.

Did you attempt to do a 3D drawing then change your mind?

It appears that the letters "O" and "U" in the word FOUR are not lined up, at the bottom, with the letters "F" and "R". It also appears that both letters are taller as well.

The word "MATE" does not line up, at the bottom, with the word "FOUR" either.

The logo to the left "Ri" is poorly constructed and needs to be redone.

Note: some elements of your drawing have a "Z" elevation of 0.0000 while others have an elevation of 9388.373. Why is that? What were you attempting to do?

Here's your drawing back. I realigned the letters in the word "FOURMATE" but you'll have to redo the height of the letters "O" and "U".

EG_rev.dwg

Edited by ReMark

i dont how's that happen. it not actually done by me. that was the companies', where i work, logo. it was here in the firm all the time. and not in everydrawing it appear to be hollow like that, only in some drawing. i did copy paste the logo from other drawing which is good, buti, it will appear hollow, and, i believe, what told earlier, that the z elevation differ had cause the logo's hatch appear to scattered all around. A very much thank you to you'll guys for helping me, this will really put me back on the track

Sorry about that. Yes, originally saved in 2007 file format. The version below has been saved in 2000 file format.

Whoever drew the logo did a terrible job. It should be redrawn.

EG_rev3.dwg

I fixed your polyline problem. Now when you draw one it actually is filled and not hollow.

[ATTACH]23966[/ATTACH]

Maybe you should tell him what you did to get it working for him? Probably a UCS and Plan set back to world I assume?

I don't think he really cares what I did now that I disparaged his drawing.

And you already provided the answer. Whatever I did is moot at this point.

well guys, i do need to know how, because, this thing happen to some other drawing to and i believe i do have to actually know how to fix it. My collegue also happen to face the same problem as I am, which show to me that the problem is contagious, through that particular drawing. Sorry if it a trouble for u guys..

The problem is not "contagious" the problem is poor CAD technique.

Read rkent's post (#28 the answer lies within. You can test it with a copy of the original drawing.

Edited by ReMark

hahahaha, yeah, i've check the drawing using 3d orbit and it obvious, all the subject are disintergrated through different elevation, which mean the 'z' point is 'alive' not 'zero' as it suppose to be for 2d drawing. i've adjust back all the elevation point and all the start and end of 'z' point to zero and it all done. thanks bro for the lesson...