2D Ribbon Problems

ricatwork

Last week my computer crashed and one of the victims of this was my AutoCAD 2009. Somehow all of my profiles were wiped out but I had taken screen shots that allowed me to put my toolbars and so forth back in order. I have not been able to find or restore the 2D ribbon layout with all of the tabs already in place when the program was first loaded on my computer though. Does this ribbon need to be recreated? Is there a "default" 2D layout that can be called out of the archives? I don’t want to customize it…I just want it the way it was when I first used 2009. Thank You

There are many options available but the ribbon name I am hoping to recover is titled "2D Drafting and Annotation" which, when restored, is completely void of any toolbars, text, buttons or anything else. I am going to try your post of "15th Jul 2008 12:37 pm" and see if that will take care of the issue.