Main & Enterprise CUI with LD2008 - Icon Problems

caddcop

I found some handouts from AU on CUI customizations and in trying to implement them, I keep loosing my LD icons getting only Cloud + ?. According to the documents, I should be able to make a empty main.cui file and load a enterprise.CUI file and by using partial CUI's and "Transferred" workspaces, and everything should function. But what I found is the only way I can get it to work and not loose all of my Land Desktop icons is to use a copy of Land.cui as my main.cui. Is this correct, or is there some step I am missing?

OK, I'm getting somewhere, but still not where I need to be.

I have setup a profile for myself, using my Windows username and have an icon that uses the /p switch to start Land Desktop with my profile current. Now, I am trying to replicate my setup for all users.

• I have a folder structure for settings common to all users on the network.
  • I have a sdsk.dfm pointing to the folders in that location where appropriate.
  • I have numerous support path folders using some user folders and some all user folders - both network stored.
  • I have an Enterprise CUI and a custom CUI that use partially loaded CUI's of all of the other CUI's that make up my Land Desktop 2008 setup.
  • I had all toolbars and menus with their proper icons displayed on my profile.
  • In my proposed "other users" profile, the toolbars had icons but the menus had the ? + cloud icon.

I was only able to correct this by copying the land.dll file and renaming it to match my enterprise CUI file. I did not need to do this with my profile, however.

If anyone has a reason why I would love to hear it.

Edited by caddcop
More developments to explain.