3D Modeling error

the midget

Hey

kan iemand mij helpen ivm een crash van autocad in 3D modeling

telkens als ik naar 3D modeling ga en mijn tekeningen open en daarin begin te werken, zoomen orbit enzo...

dan begint mijn scherm te flikkeren gevolgd door deze error

beeldschermstuurprogramma reageert niet meer en is hersteld

beeldschermstuurprogramma AMD Driver reageert niet meer en is hersteld

uiteraard zijn alle drivers up to date

mijn pc heeft de volgende specificaties:

Dell XPS 16

intel core i7 820 QM

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4670

is hier een oplossing voor? want mijn pc moet dit zonder problemen kunnen draaien .

groeten

Wim

now in English.

Can anybody help me with my problem?

I repetetly have a crash in autocad 2010 3D modeling.

When I work on my drawings with orbit and zoom ... just the regular stuff, There appears an error:

display driver does not respond and is restored

display driver AMD Driver does not respond and is restored

all the drivers that I need are installed ... and I have searched on the internet but I didn't find a solution..

hope you people can help me

greetings

Wim

How can I check that?

I diddn't update autocad 2010

and I'm sorry but I don't know what you mean with ' hardware acceleration enabled or disabled " ...

and I don't know where I should do those things.

A newbie to this forum and to AutoCAD too it appears.

Updates are available from the AutoDesk website.

Hardware acceleration can be checked by using the 3DCONFIG command and then clicking on the Manual Tune button.

c

enable hardware acceleration is clicked. but it was already this way ...

I checked for updates and there are a few... I just downloaded a couple I thought that would be necessary.

I just tried and it got worse...

fatal error and it closed automaticly...

A few updates?

All you needed was one, Update 2 since updates are cummalative.

Did you download the correct version? There is a version for 32-bit systems and another for 64-bit systems. What is your system (32-bit or 64-bit) and what update did you download?

Don't you normally create a Restore Point before loading any new software or updates?

yes yes, I made a restore point ... and now I just updated '2' and my system is 64-bit and I downloaded the right one.. just tried again, but it diddn't help...

it's still the same error from the beginning.

Let's back up.

If you open a 2D drawing do you have any problems?

If you open a 3D drawing but do NOT use 3Dorbit do you have any problems?

What visual style do you work in normally when editing a 3D drawing?

And you are sure it is not a driver problem?

Is this a laptop by any chance?

How much physical RAM is installed?

I don't have a problem in 2D

I can open the drawings but when I start working with them, not only with orbit, there appears an error.

I work in 2D wireframe, realistc or conceptual. it depends

If it is a driver problem, I don't know what driver I need.

but my drivers are normally up to date. because in the error appears: AMD Driver. so I went to google searched it and downloaded that update... but there diddn't changed anything

my ati mobility radeon hd4670 is up to date.

so i don't know what I should do,

but my pc is strong enough to run autocad, I'm sure. the error just won't go away

It sounds like a bad driver to me. You should go only to the manufacturer's website (AMD / ATI) and download the driver from there.

Is this a laptop? Yes/No?

How much RAM is installed? 1GB, 2GB, I have no clue, other?

What OS are you running and what version of the OS is it? Example: Windows 7 - Ultimate.

the downloads I get is from that website.

it's a laptop indeed

4 GB ram

and its windows 7 Home Premium

but it's a new laptop it's 6 mounth's old, so I'm a little bit angry because it won't work ... and that's the only program I really need for school.

is there a possibility, that it would go away when I reinstalled it... or got another version let's say a try out or something ...

Do NOT reinstall AutoCAD at this time.

If you feel it is an AutoCAD related problem then try the REPAIR option first. An uninstall/reinstall should be an option of last choice (i.e. - desperation).

I can't see a repair option...

and already thank you for your effort :) I'm just trying to make it work, and sorry I don't know that much about pc's =)

I work in 2D wireframe, realistc or conceptual. it depends

I cannot stress this enough. DO NOT work in conceptual mode. Even on a high end system, conceptual style can bring your computer to its knees. You should only use conceptual or hidden for viewing purposes. Then switch back to wireframe or realistic for working.

Please answer ReMark's previous questions. Is this a laptop and how much RAM do you have installed?

I already answered,,

it's a laptop

4GB ram

windows 7 home premium

intel i7 820QM

ati mobility redeon HD4670 1GB

ok, I won't work in conceptual ... thanks

The Repair option can be found in Windows Add/Remove Programs.

This link is for an article by AutoDesk regarding the Repair option and how to do a clean uninstall/reinstall of AutoCAD should it be necessary.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=10243968&linkID=9240617

Edited by ReMark

The repair did not work ... and the problem with the ATI Radeon Graphics are on Acer laptops/ pc's ... and mine is from Dell... so I don't think it will solve my problmes

The problem is the same. It doesn't matter that the laptops were made by different companies. All of you were getting the exact same error message. Have a cup of coffee and think on it.

Yes, I did not think Repair would work. I threw that out there to keep you away from doing an uninstall/reinstall. The problem is not with AutoCAD it's with the driver. I don't expect you to believe me so this is where I bow out. Good luck in solving your problem. When you discover the real answer come back and share the solution with us. See ya. Bye.