Frustrated about Speciality Edge

schlosser37

I think (hope) the assignment was mis-understood.

What I would expect (as a teacher) for an assignment like this is for you to not merely redraw the detail view but to use a viewport to show the detail view of the original. To create the viewport with jagged edges you would freehand polyline as stated by rkent. My bet is on this solution as what was intended for the assignment.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• schlosser37

• ReMark

• rkent

• nestly

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

His intention is for us to use viewports to make the detail view and scale them accordingly in the viewports. A few people in my class have just freehand polyline a jagged edge and put it in and I found that using my method of making a breakline and changing the linetype to zigzag and then changing the scale of it actually worked very well when placed over the edge of the viewport, the lines of the object meet up nicely with the jagged edge when you pdf the drawing. Though who knows what his actual solution is, he's pretty out there sometimes and doesn't explain things very well. Ie. that pdf drawing was all we got for the assignment and we were to reproduce it. Even so since you submit the assignment as pdfs you could just change the name on the pdf he gives you and hand it in, sadly he would never know, but I wouldn't do that. Anyway, thanks for everyone's help, its been much appreciated.

Since you hand in a PDF how is the teacher to know what method you used to create the jagged lines unless you spell it out for him. At least with a dwg file he could do some poking around.