CADTutor on your phone

nukecad

Anybody out there use your phone to view the forum?

(Not to view drawings, that has been disucced elsewhere).

Just asking because I use mine now and again but it has not got a great interface for forum use.

I am due for an upgrade and will be getting one that has a better forum interface; probably an iPhone or a Blackberry.

Just wondered if there are any recommends on 'dont-touch-its' from the other members here.

I use my iPhone to check in on the forums...

It is definitely easier to type a post for a non-programming forum! However, as I frequent the LISP forum, auto-correcting text often presents a problem. :wink:

Edit:

It would be great if there were a vBulletin App!

Can I get CADTutor on my answering machine?

Hi there, this is the CADTutor. ReMark is in the shop today for repairs. But as soon as his circuits are checked, hydraulics drained, flushed, and replaced, and his nuclear core upgraded he'll return your call. Have a CADareffic day!

Can I get CADTutor on my answering machine?

Hi there, this is the CADTutor. ReMark is in the shop today for repairs. But as soon as his circuits are checked, hydraulics drained, flushed, and replaced, and his nuclear core upgraded he'll return your call. Have a CADareffic day!

You know...

If you want, I can make you a ringtone with that message set to a Terminator themed backdrop... I can hear it now:

Dun! ... Dun! Dun! Dun!... Dun!... ReMark ... dun. Will dun. Be dun. Back ... Dun! ... Dun! Dun! Dun!

lmao :lol:

Renderman: You're hired! When can I get it? Can you say those words with the same accent as "Arnold"?

... I'll see what I can do this weekend 8).

Nice shades dude.

Have no fear...Renderman is here!

Renderman is on his way...

He'll create that code, sometime today!

Have no fear is on the job...

That means that Renderman is not a clod!

You can sing this to the tune of "Mighty Mouse is on the way!"

Nice shades dude.

Have no fear...Renderman is here!

Renderman is on his way...

He'll create that code, sometime today!

Have no fear is on the job...

That means that Renderman is not a clod!

You can sing this to the tune of "Mighty Mouse is on the way!"

lmao :lol:

Cheers! :beer:

I use my iPhone for it, works fine (banning folks is a pain, too many windows :twisted: ).

I do think there is a vBulletin app - but to get the whole functionality you have to get the paid version. I also believe that the admin (*cough*david*cough*) need to activate it somewhere on this site to make it eligable in the app. Brb - will investigate (after coffee).

Renderman: You're hired! When can I get it? Can you say those words with the same accent as "Arnold"?

... I'll see what I can do this weekend 8).

ReMark, I haven't forgotten about you, dude 8) ...

I was out of town for *DOT training Monday and Tuesday, and I am out of the office tomorrow. With my three-day weekend, I *should* be able to crank out your ring tone. :wink:

Finding the soundtrack wasn't hard at all, but finding a text-to-speech voice is presenting a challenge.

There are lots of soundboards out there, but they are comprised of sound-bytes, and not able to be manipulated to say what I want. I've found some speeches he (Arnold) made where he uses the word 'remark', but I've not found an audio or video clip that I can cull the audio snippet from. :(

So since 'professional quality' is out the window... for kicks... I *might* just throw back a couple of Super Bock brews, and give it a try myself. :lol: