Tool Palettes Export- Help!!!

KnoJa31

HELP!!!!!!!

I am on a tight time schedule for these tool palettes that i have created. My lead wants a group of all the tool palettes that i have created for all users to use.

I have exported all of the palettes to a location on the network. I also exported the group to the same location. I had the user redirect the tool palette path in the Options>Files. The problem that i am running into is that when the users are loading up the tool palettes, they have to import each tool palette seperately then add them to a group.

Is it possible to have the tool palettes in a location on the network and have each of the users import the group only?

HELP!!!!!!!

I am on a tight time schedule for these tool palettes that i have created. My lead wants a group of all the tool palettes that i have created for all users to use.

I have exported all of the palettes to a location on the network. I also exported the group to the same location. I had the user redirect the tool palette path in the Options>Files. The problem that i am running into is that when the users are loading up the tool palettes, they have to import each tool palette seperately then add them to a group.

Is it possible to have the tool palettes in a location on the network and have each of the users import the group only?

No, you will still have to import each Palette one by one, then import the Group. The Group Export only sustains the organization of the Tool Palettes.

I had to do a similar thing with the tool palletes knoja31 and all i did was copy out the tool pallette folder under my autocad support file to the network and had my cad operators replace it on each of there computers autocad support file. Then i did an group export all under the customize tool pallette dialogue box and had them inport this file in each of there customize tool pallette dialogue box which automatically sorts the groups out.

• 2 weeks later...
I had to do a similar thing with the tool palletes knoja31 and all i did was copy out the tool pallette folder under my autocad support file to the network and had my cad operators replace it on each of there computers autocad support file. Then i did an group export all under the customize tool pallette dialogue box and had them inport this file in each of there customize tool pallette dialogue box which automatically sorts the groups out.

I would do this. It will help i think in the long run. There are .atc files of each tool pallete you make. Put them in a folder called read only because you can right click them and make them read only. Make sure to change your tool palette path to the location of the .atc files on the network.

As long at then have there seach path to the palletes sourced and organized on there computer. You can just copy and drop new ones everytime there is and update and then will get it if they restart cad if they are already in it.

copy the toolpalette folder you've created with all atc files on the network, have the below coding loaded on all machines (if you have a company acaddoc file, just place it in there (make sure you change the path to match yours). you don't want to make them read only, how can you update them. just get IT to remove write access to that folder for everyone except you; that way, you, or whomever chosen for toolpalette upkeep, can make alterations and noone else can change them.

(setq    files        (vla-get-files (vla-get-preferences (vlax-get-acad-object)))
;    expaths        (vla-get-ToolPalettePath files)
 )
 (setq newpath (strcat
       "G:\\cadd standards\\Toolpalette
       "
     )
   )
 (vla-put-ToolPalettePath files newpath)

• 1 year later...
copy the toolpalette folder you've created with all atc files on the network, have the below coding loaded on all machines (if you have a company acaddoc file, just place it in there (make sure you change the path to match yours). you don't want to make them read only, how can you update them. just get IT to remove write access to that folder for everyone except you; that way, you, or whomever chosen for toolpalette upkeep, can make alterations and noone else can change them.

(setq    files        (vla-get-files (vla-get-preferences (vlax-get-acad-object)))
;    expaths        (vla-get-ToolPalettePath files)
 )
 (setq newpath (strcat
       "G:\\cadd standards\\Toolpalette
       "
     )
   )
 (vla-put-ToolPalettePath files newpath)

After searching and not finding what I want to know:

The system variable "toolpaletepath" is gone in Autocad 2010.

Am I right?

I have a routine that changes that path so the toolpalettes will change to.

Or am I missing something?

(I know it is an old thread but that is not the point now)

^#%%@ :x

... finally I post it, then I find it.

This is what I was looking for:

^C^C*_toolpalettepath "c:";TP;

(To change to C: as directory)

^#%%@ :x

... finally I post it, then I find it.

This is what I was looking for:

^C^C*_toolpalettepath "c:";TP;

(To change to C: as directory)

The above posted code, while sloppy, will do what you need.

• 1 year later...